UPS handwriiten label billing

welovelogistics

What can brown do for you
I was wondering how UPS bills the handwritten labels that have the 1Z and the person who orders the supplies (my personal) account number precoded. I shipped something and used my other work account (non-UPS) in section 1 of the shipping label. That is the one I want billed. Will they bill the precoded account or the one I want billed (the work account)?

upschuck

You should of put the account number you wanted billed in section 9, and marked bill 3rd party in section 8. That is the correct way to bill a 3rd party.

Also if it was a ground sdp slip, you got charged extra for using it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upschuck, it is not just the Ground SDP that gets billed-----UPS adds a surcharge to process all ASD's and the handwritten pickup records from the SRM to the tune of $3 each page.

worldwide

Upschuck, it is not just the Ground SDP that gets billed-----UPS adds a surcharge to process all ASD's and the handwritten pickup records from the SRM to the tune of $3 each page.

That is incorrect.

There is no additional fee for shipments processed in a Shipping Record book.

There is a $5.00 per package Shipping Document Processing (SDP) fee for each Ground or 3 Day Select package when a shipping document (aka Air Shipping Document) is used.

Information above is from the UPS tariff and service guide.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is incorrect.

There is no additional fee for shipments processed in a Shipping Record book.

There is a $5.00 per package Shipping Document Processing (SDP) fee for each Ground or 3 Day Select package when a shipping document (aka Air Shipping Document) is used.

Information above is from the UPS tariff and service guide.

One of our AE's told me this last Thursday as he was in the process of converting one of my SRM pickups to a Smart Pickup.

oldngray

nowhere special
Wrong. Section 1 says Shippers account number, section 8 says receivers, 3rd party or credit card number.

Section 8 trumps section 1.

Priority is for section 8 to be billed but if there is a problem with that billing then it reverts to the original shipper in section 1.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was wondering how UPS bills the handwritten labels that have the 1Z and the person who orders the supplies (my personal) account number precoded. I shipped something and used my other work account (non-UPS) in section 1 of the shipping label. That is the one I want billed. Will they bill the precoded account or the one I want billed (the work account)?

Wrong. Section 1 says Shippers account number, section 8 says receivers, 3rd party or credit card number.

Section 8 trumps section 1.
Correct.
Per the OP question, the account # entered in Box 1 is billed regardless of what is pre-printed on ASD/Waybill.