UPS Holiday Surcharges

Faceplanted

He received a settlement from Liberty Mutual. Law suit would go nowhere unless you could prove the shipper intended to cause injury by shipping the overweight.
It's obvious ups negligence in not stopping the progress of the package. A good attorney would be all over it. Especially if had pics of the package and can prove it was grossly/obviously way over the limit of what is safe.

I'm not an attorney but I did spend a weekend last month at holiday inn express

UPS Preloader

Ours is if it makes it to our building, the consignee comes and gets it.

We've flagged several recently. Stopped the belt, made a supervisor take it off the belt for the customer to come pick up or for freight to deliver. Had two sups go out and deliver one of them. Ended up paying two drivers double time for the time they worked.

Dhydratd

This is from the email I got. So what exactly constitutes a "large" package? Does this extra $24 get added to all of the furniture packages I've been delivering?
Capture.JPG

Scoot

irregs are the cancer killing our network
Seriously. In the last month I've delivered 3 grills, a trampoline, eliptical, barstools and a recliner. An effing recliner. We have more incompatible carts in use than ever before and they are all chock full. The handlers can't keep up so they typically are the last things being tossed up onto the belt at the end of the sort. Which of course inevitably means they are usually loaded onto the back of the trucks blocking in all of the bulk stops. It's becoming standard practice on my route to run air then head out to the residentials to get rid of these before doing bulk stops.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seriously. In the last month I've delivered 3 grills, a trampoline, eliptical, barstools and a recliner. An effing recliner. We have more incompatible carts in use than ever before and they are all chock full. The handlers can't keep up so they typically are the last things being tossed up onto the belt at the end of the sort. Which of course inevitably means they are usually loaded onto the back of the trucks blocking in all of the bulk stops. It's becoming standard practice on my route to run air then head out to the residentials to get rid of these before doing bulk stops.

Irregs are run last as they are usually on the tail end of the feeders and held until the sort is done.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Maybe UPS should buy a freight line to deliver that crap. Even call it UPS freight.
it would never happen because small package is literally an afterthought to corporate

transportation, freight, internationals, the air group are all way larger players

why hurt their numbers when you can just shove it onto a package car and "the driver will figure it out"