UPS is starving drivers and mass are quitting!

Nah
It’s a lot more fun to come on here and complain to strangers
If I gave up as easily as some of these people do I wouldn't have made my education transfer go through. HR lied to me. Repeatedly. My BA said we just have to wait and we'll file a grievance as the semester gets closer.

I got fed up and through that UPSers social media thing they briefly had I found the head of HR for the district I wanted to transfer to and her phone number. Called her up, left a message. She got back to me the same day. The next day, less than 24 hours after I made that call, one of her lackeys called me with a start date and time at my soon to be new center.

Where would I be if I gave up so easily...don't be afraid to go over people's heads.

Thebrownblob

If I gave up as easily as some of these people do I wouldn't have made my education transfer go through. HR lied to me. Repeatedly. My BA said we just have to wait and we'll file a grievance as the semester gets closer.

I got fed up and through that UPSers social media thing they briefly had I found the head of HR for the district I wanted to transfer to and her phone number. Called her up, left a message. She got back to me the same day. The next day, less than 24 hours after I made that call, one of her lackeys called me with a start date and time at my soon to be new center.

Where would I be if I gave up so easily...don't be afraid to go over people's heads.
Exactly. Similar if someone files a legitimate 9.5 grievance and kept a copy, and a business agent never heard it, and they were owed money. I would be faxing that copy to the president of the local, president of the international, and the NL RB. I can guarantee your phone calls will be made within a day. Matter fact, did just that with the previous administration at my local.

Nah
Exactly. Similar if someone files a legitimate 9.5 grievance and kept a copy, and a business agent never heard it, and they were owed money. I would be faxing that copy to the president of the local, president of the international, and the NL RB. I can guarantee your phone calls will be made within a day. Matter fact, did just that with the previous administration at my local.
For what it's worth, I'm not blaming my BA. I think he really felt powerless and made the calls he could. The transfer language leaves a lot to be desired and it's a time sensitive grievance, since you're :censored2:ed if your transfer hasn't happened but the semester started.

Fortunately I called someone high enough in the company who actually wanted to bring me to one of her centers who made it happen.

kforte36

And who took their spots? You see where I’m going… at some point a bid route is left vacant and a 22.4 has to be promoted but have to hold their feet to the fire…
I was under the impression that as long as there aren't more than 25% of the total drivers in a center being 22.4 than the company isn't violating the contract....

kforte36

We also don’t have 25% but that’s the company problem. It’s not an excuse to not move a 22.4 into a vacant RPCD slot. If the company is not moving them up, the employee is losing wages and the company is violating the contract by not protecting the set number of guaranteed RPCD. File on it.
I will file then. I understand that by filing it shows unity and the willingness to hold the company accountable but I see them just doing nothing about it until the current contract expires.

kforte36

I was under the impression that as long as there aren't more than 25% of the total drivers in a center being 22.4 than the company isn't violating the contract....
Also, 22.4s can't bid on routes. I see where you're going with it but routes are just getting taken over by another RPCD when 4 of our center's drivers have retired in the last thee and a half years.

Thebrownblob

Also, 22.4s can't bid on routes. I see where you're going with it but routes are just getting taken over by another RPCD when 4 of our center's drivers have retired in the last thee and a half years.
Here, when is 22.4, gets moved to RPCDs they just become the lowest seniority cover driver. They don’t get a route. But they are able to bid on routes after that.

Sixth Punch Sense

And who took their spots? You see where I’m going… at some point a bid route is left vacant and a 22.4 has to be promoted but have to hold their feet to the fire…
Utility drivers.

My center sounds similar. We have 100 driver, 20 22.4's and around 10 utility drivers, rpcds without a route. In three years I've seen 3 22.4's move up.

When someone retires the chain of routes posted usually stops when a utility driver decided to take it. Because we are not at the 25%. That utility drivers spot is not filled