UPS Logo Shoes/Boots

bad company

semi-pro
This morning during our PCM, we were told about some new shoes/steel toe boots that were available for us to buy, that also had the UPS logo on them... There was a nice little sheet they posted, but I was wondering if this was available online some where? And has any one taken the plunge to buy them and try them out yet?

kasaroo

Haven't heard of these, but HAVE tried steel toed boots. Heavy and uncomfortable for a driver. It may be OK for a loader/reloader. I have found that it is more important to have high top boots for ankle support. Your ankles are much more vulnerable than your toes----on/off car, up/down stairs, on/off curbs. Any added support helps prevent injuries! Just a thought........

hoser

Industrial Slob
UPS boots is, uh, just getting stupid. football players wear the exact same uniforms to the exact same standards, but they wear the shoe that fits and works for them the best.

this is just getting really stupid, and was likely the result of some smooth salesmen with corporate express.

Haven't heard of these, but HAVE tried steel toed boots. Heavy and uncomfortable for a driver. It may be OK for a loader/reloader. I have found that it is more important to have high top boots for ankle support. Your ankles are much more vulnerable than your toes----on/off car, up/down stairs, on/off curbs. Any added support helps prevent injuries! Just a thought........
i normally wear skate shoes, but i have been slowly moving towards an ankle steel toe. i like them because i do a lot of downtown loops that require me to move quickly through narrow spaces, but i'm thinking of trying an ankle boot next week.

on the hub, i'd have to say an ankle shoe is the best; when you have to climb into trailers and stuff, it's a lot easier. how they don't require steeltoes on the hub and yet they claim to be the safety leader just baffles my mind.

bad company

semi-pro
I took a glance at the sheet again today and there are a few different brands...Wolverine and Sketcher are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I will try to get a link or a copy of the sheet so you guys can see for yourselves. The prices weren't that bad neither.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Are all you guys new here or what. They have offered boots with UPS logos for some time now. There used to bea catalog with them in and they wee way too much money.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Are all you guys new here or what. They have offered boots with UPS logos for some time now. There used to bea catalog with them in and they wee way too much money.

They used to be in the old UPS Uniform Accessory Catalog, and they were over priced, just like the socks are. I have never worn steel toed shoes or boots, and we have never been told too. I am currently wearing a lightweight hiking shoe that Rockport makes. I think that the company should furnish the UPS logo socks as long as we are required to wear them with shorts.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I think that the company should furnish the UPS logo socks as long as we are required to wear them with shorts.

You're not required to wear them. If you can find other brown socks you can wear those. KMart used to sell brown socks with a yellow band at the top that I used to see drivers wear but I don't know if they sell them anymore.

govols019

You smell that?
You're not required to wear them. If you can find other brown socks you can wear those. KMart used to sell brown socks with a yellow band at the top that I used to see drivers wear but I don't know if they sell them anymore.

According to the people that audited our building we DO have to wear the UPS socks.