UPS lost 106 million in Q4

PT Car Washer

Don't forget this old chestnut.... The millions of dollars he spends on trying to eradicate 2nd Amendment rights.

Don't start trying to say it isn't fact either.
If the massacre of 20 six year olds at an elementary school can't change gun laws in this country, nothing will. The gun manufactures lobby is way too powerful in this country.​

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
my t444e runs like a top. Frame is still solid. Shes a sexy beast

Probably the original engine. The Reviva rebuilds are hot garbage, I have seen a few in our shop that did not make it out of the bay..

You sound like someone who's ignoring what was said about the loss of 106 million.
"but after stripping out a charge related to pensions, the adjusted profit matched Wall Street expectations."

There is a non union pension that is now frozen. Maybe the charge is related to that?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
It is.
What was so bad about the rebuilt motors? We're they full swaps?

The motors come with everything, even a new turbo already installed. They look nice when they come in, really nice paint job on them but other than that The quality is just horrible. I have seen a whole variety of problems with them, one VT365 PC got 3 motors in 4 months.. then the company gave up and junked it.

Most of the parts the company buys are trash, the original part lasts several years then once you replace it your doing the same job 6 months later.

The company would be far better served buying quality parts, instead they rather pay us to fix the same things over and over.

specter208

Yesterday I used 73 gallons of diesel in a newer KW tractor. That same run in an old single axle International was usually right at 105 gallons. This tractor does that run 2x a day 5 days a week.

I've been told the CNG tractors we use costs $.17 per mile less than one of our newer diesels to run. So that would be a huge difference compared to the old tractors.
How much if that is the newer technology a
They did that with some old T444E trucks and until recently some VTs.

Lol.. most of them get junked a few months later because they become road call nightmares. The "rebuilds" are low quality crap and there is more to a truck than just the motor. 20 year old harnesses and computers get temperamental and up here in the Northeast 20 years of road salt means frame repairs, Brake lines, fuel tanks need to be replaced..
they are ada trucks as recent as 05/06 model years. Trans and body are still good, seems more efficient to put a rebuild engine and then transfer the vehicle to a different state where it will still comply with emissions and they can use it to make their money back. New cars are at least $80,000usd. These are SoCal trucks with no rust either,

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If the massacre of 20 six year olds at an elementary school can't change gun laws in this country, nothing will. The gun manufactures lobby is way too powerful in this country.​
Bloomberg owns a home in Bermuda that he flies to on weekends.
Bermuda is a part of the UK, and a “gun free” zone where even the police are not routinely armed.
Guess which hypocrite used his wealth and privilege to obtain special permission from the Bermudan government for his private bodyguards to bring their guns with them?
You guessed it...Michael Bloomberg.
“Guns for me, but not for thee.”

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
How much if that is the newer technology

I'm guessing most of it is technology driven. The new tractors run and shift at much lower RPM's than the old tractors. They are also running automatic transmissions vs 10 speed manual transmissions. Friday I had a late local PU put on me so I took it really slow. I ran 530 miles on 51 gallons of diesel...my wife's Armada isn't much better than that.

Every time I see an old International tractor blow by me pulling an Amazon trailer I wonder how they stay in business. There were days on mileage runs I would barely get 4.5 mpg with our old single axle Internationals running 72mph. These are full sleeper tractors running 70+mph. I think they only pay like $1.20 a mile so those contractors can't be making much profit

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Where are you from? Not many people use the word beaucoup lol
Boston area. fairly common slang in that area I suppose from the old days.

Boston area slang.......pal, sawbuck. tenner, fiver, wicked , neat , and a ton more. moved in 1981 to Cali but some things just stay with you.

govols019

You smell that?
I'm guessing most of it is technology driven. The new tractors run and shift at much lower RPM's than the old tractors. They are also running automatic transmissions vs 10 speed manual transmissions. Friday I had a late local PU put on me so I took it really slow. I ran 530 miles on 51 gallons of diesel...my wife's Armada isn't much better than that.

My personal truck doesn't get that good of gas mileage.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
My personal truck doesn't get that good of gas mileage.

I was on flat ground in a single axle with light loads. I probably hit 65 as a top speed for the day.

We have new tractors that are always over 9mpg and others that can barely hit 7mpg on a good day. I think it has something to do with the Regen system because the ones that use 4+ gal of DEF per run always get low mpg, even pulling empties.