UPS lost 106 million in Q4

Yep,at least they got a cake and an a YOS award. The day I retired the center manager said to me and my friend who was retiring the same day, oh, is this your last day? But we were both good with that, especially after they charged my friend with an avoidable accident when a 80yr old backed up over 40ft and struck his parked package car a few weeks before he would've got the 25yr Circle of Honor award the month before.
That doesn't surprise me at this place

rod

Retired 22 years
True.

Sadly I only own ups stock. So this hurt quite a bit today.

My air building processes 90% Amazon now. All this hard work for another company to see the gains.

Will I even have a pension in 20 years upon retirement? This news feel grim.

Never put all you eggs in one basket..........

El Correcto

god is dead
I guess you can only buy back your shares for a while before the investors catch on..... All companies are over-leveraged with debt.

UPS has been buying new trucks like candy this last year....most old models that are manual trannies are sitting in the junk yard waiting to be decommissioned...... where is all this money coming from?
We are making Mexico pay for it, ttku.

Method Mensch

not related but it's ironic that bloomberg and steyer are spending 100's of millions of dollars that have been financed by the trump stock market.
sp500-performance-by-president-2020-01-31-macrotrends.png

specter208

I guess you can only buy back your shares for a while before the investors catch on..... All companies are over-leveraged with debt.

UPS has been buying new trucks like candy this last year....most old models that are manual trannies are sitting in the junk yard waiting to be decommissioned...... where is all this money coming from?
Why not put good working engines in them and keep using them?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Have u seen their drivers?
It's a mixed bag to be honest.
I feel bad for them though since they clearly don't get paid any amount to sort their load. They have like some kind of strap box system inside the vehicle. I would love to know what the load/sort system is.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Why not put good working engines in them and keep using them?

Yesterday I used 73 gallons of diesel in a newer KW tractor. That same run in an old single axle International was usually right at 105 gallons. This tractor does that run 2x a day 5 days a week.

I've been told the CNG tractors we use costs $.17 per mile less than one of our newer diesels to run. So that would be a huge difference compared to the old tractors.