UPS: masks required again, based on CDC map

Cowboy Mac

I’ve seen plenty of people not have them. But because I’ve been dead set against it from the beginning and I’ve made that clear and I’m willing to expose the lie there’s a target on my back. It’s not fair but that’s how it is
It’s a shame. You could organize other drivers who feel the same way as you. Strength in numbers. What state are you in? Just curious you don’t have to answer.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What I really would like to know is if you could be fired immediately for something that’s not in the CBA. Maybe someone can enlighten me on this. I guess they could play the refusal to work as directed card but that’s a pretty slippery slope given that most directives from ups sups are ridiculous and unsafe
Their not gonna mandate vaccines. You don’t have to worry about the little needle.

Cowboy Mac

What I really would like to know is if you could be fired immediately for something that’s not in the CBA. Maybe someone can enlighten me on this. I guess they could play the refusal to work as directed card but that’s a pretty slippery slope given that most directives from ups sups are ridiculous and unsafe
This is how I would play it: they still have to go through progressive discipline. If they choose to write you up, file a grievance saying that you are being singled out and that they didn’t write up every single other employee who did not wear a mask or wear one improperly.

Then they will have to either tear up your warning letter or write every single person up and deal with their resulting grievances of the discipline. Drown them in paperwork.

This is how I would play it: they still have to go through progressive discipline. If they choose to write you up, file a grievance saying that you are being singled out and that they didn’t write up every single other employee who did not wear a mask or wear one improperly.

Then they will have to either tear up your warning letter or write every single person up and deal with their resulting grievances of the discipline. Drown them in paperwork.
Good idea thx. It’s too hot and humid I’m at my wits end with this crap I really am. It’s useless. It’s unsanitary. It’s subjugation

Cowboy Mac

Good idea thx. It’s too hot and humid I’m at my wits end with this crap I really am. It’s useless. It’s unsanitary. It’s subjugation
I’m with you 100%. That’s why the more like minded people you can find at your building to stand with you, the better off you are.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
I’ve seen plenty of people not have them. But because I’ve been dead set against it from the beginning and I’ve made that clear and I’m willing to expose the lie there’s a target on my back. It’s not fair but that’s how it is
You ain’t the guy they gave a box
Of 25 masks to and a copy of the memo with your name on it . Are you?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You show em tough guy. Your gonna make a real difference.. Lol

An avalanche can start with a single pebble. Thankfully for me, I'm not alone. When people see that it's possible to survive and not work for a deranged company, they'll want that for themselves. The pro-government, pro-corporation folks will eventually realize the rest of society has moved on, and they'll be having a hard time getting by. You have my sympathies.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Even most of the drivers who took covid fairly seriously are not wearing the masks this time around. ORSs wear them on the chin or not at all. Customers no longer hesitate when you walk towards them. Things are going back to normal somewhat, delta or not.

Even most of the drivers who took covid fairly seriously are not wearing the masks this time around. ORSs wear them on the chin or not at all. Customers no longer hesitate when you walk towards them. Things are going back to normal somewhat, delta or not.

get your kill shots citizen I’ll tell you what’s normal

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants