Ups my choice

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you sure he / she was talking about MyChoice???

IF that is what your division manager said about MyChoice, he / she is very wrong....

The goals were NEVER explained to us like that...... The explanation you heard is NOT part of the plan.

Pman,
Don't waste your time with TOS.
He makes stuff up all the time and seems to actually believe stuff happened that never happened.
I would never take anything she says seriously.

Hoke

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I could use the same answer for for the view from the office, everything looks simple when we the drivers have to implement it.
We don't talk about things, we do them.

Hopefully you aren't calling Sober or me ignorant. I have read enough of his posts to rank his intelligence above yours, and I am pretty comfortable with my own ability to comprehend things.

They include the name and contact number for on- calls now but they can't ask if it is a UPS package and what the service level is?

Ever hear of satirical parody?

I simply held a mirror up to Sober so he could see how he comes across.

Also, look up ignorant on Google - as used in my post, it means unaware or lacking in knowledge of a specified subject. Which is what Sober calls the IE people and Corporate people in almost every post he puts on here (the mirror thing).

PS - I'm a bit disappointed in you not picking that up.

Also, I answered the question you had about On-call pickups earlier in this thread. That is why I did not answer you again. Also, 69% of the On-Call pickups in the US do not go through the CSR - they are self-serve on ups.com. It is the 21st century you know.

Piece

Last edited:
C

chuchu

We have one UPS store in our Center. I'm prettty sure customers aren't going to be fond of driving up to an hour each way to pickup a package from a DELIVERY company.
Are you kidding? They should be thrilled just to get their package. When PAS was rolled out in our center the PDS was so pathetic in "his" job that our SSI accounts were getting delivered at 1600 (when they used to get their deliveries at 930) and then were picked up by another driver at 1630. We had whole towns "missed" and 5 pallets of "missed" pieces brought back in every day.
There was a business in the middle of the town the center was located in that was "missed" 6 times and the clerk finally postcarded them to pick it up because we weren't going to get it delivered to them. This went on for 3 months with the DM's approval just to see how many "cars they could delete" on a daily basis. Sound familiar?

Every time the company rolls out another great trend setting idea we cringe.

And by the way, we had a on-car sup instruct a driver to "rural remote" 55 stops in town because they let too many employees have that friday off and ended up with a whole route that couldn't be delivered so they just stuffed it into one car and that's how they dealt with it at 1700. That sup should have been fired under ART 17 on the spot. Didn't happen.

Our focus as a company used to be on taking care of all of our customers in an honest effort to keep a good relationship with them BECAUSE WE APPRECIATED THEM. Now, you have to spend an extra $40 a year to be valued. Don't tell me it's because us drivers make too much money Hoaxster. "Ignorant and uninvolved"? At least WE can do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

TUT

Why does it cost to redirect to the UPS Store, you would think that saves UPS dollars. I could see no charge, possibly even a savings, but they want $5 for less work?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have one UPS store in our Center. I'm prettty sure customers aren't going to be fond of driving up to an hour each way to pickup a package from a DELIVERY company.

The UPS store in my town has a back room with about 60 square feet of available floor space to store packages. During peak season they beg and beg us to drop an empty pup trailer at their back door so that they have somewhere to stack their outgoing parcels. How excited are they going to be when we start trying to cram a bunch of My Choice volume down their throat?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why does it cost to redirect to the UPS Store, you would think that saves UPS dollars. I could see no charge, possibly even a savings, but they want $5 for less work?

Someone posted earlier that UPS pays that UPS Store $3 per redirected package and then you have the cost of intercepting the package and creating a new label.

C

chuchu

May I suggest you stick to the things you know something about such as the driver position since all you do is expose your ignorance of the processes and steps involved in the software development of complex systems across multiple platforms.

Everything looks simple to the ignorant and uninvolved.
We are sorry Hoaxster. We don't understand the depth of the team effort made by management personnel to stay ahead of our competition and maintain the profit levels that keeps the stock looking good to investors. Down deep inside we really do like offering our customers services that make us more user friendly and keeps our brand the mainstay of the shipping business, that makes our jobs secure. I take it personal when one of my on area customers switch to a competitor's service due to something that's out of my control as a driver. We draw from the same well.

What we (drivers) deal with in our center are 3 full time sups (including the center manager) who are abusive, not respectful, to employees. One, the PDS slammed up against another supervisor in the dispatch office (unprovoked) and when another ft sup walked in on the altercation and tried to help the sup being attacked the PDS told him to "go friend himself". The PDS is STILL employed and is STILL in our center. No repremand, nothing. You may say that we don't see the discipline the management gets from their bosses. We should have seen him FIRED. 911.

The center manager is a habitual liar. You cannot get anything fixed going to him because he has no spine to resolve issues and probably because his hands are dirty. He is in checkmate by his peers.

The divide between management and hourly has been caused by predominently one thing. Lack of respect. Maybe management has been burned out on the reciprical of this issue also. Probably for good reason at times. I understand. But the bridge is never repaired. There is no justice seen in the abuses that are reported to corporate. Only hand slapping occurs while drivers are held to the Nth degree of honesty and are taken out of service for things that pale in comparison to the issues our management "team" gets away with.

Fix this issue and you will see productivity you would never believe could be and a very pleasant place to work.

Avoid dealling with these issues and we'll all deal with the aftermath. Either during a contract dispute where the workers real bottom line issue is not benefits or retirement or any of those things. The base reason people didn't cross the strike line in 97 was because we didn't have any faith in our management to be honest with us. Period.

The situation at hand is bigger than just you and me but the it is the basis for the attitude you get in our posts.

Wish we had peace/

Last edited by a moderator: