UPS = Overrated?

TwoFingeredWillie

You know UPS has this general consensus with the general public that they are a top-notch company.

I think they are highly overrated. They move as slow as molasses when it comes to promoting people.

Everyone thinks their packages are handled with kid gloves when anyone that has ever workied there can attest that the packages are smashed, dirty, stepped on, etc...

And what's this you have to wait one year for medical and dental? A year and a half to include family?

Certainly an outfit the size of UPS can do better than that.

OK, done ranting. :happy2:

That's true, but most people in the general public only see their own UPS driver and, with maybe a few notable exceptions, love their UPS driver. When giving their opinions in these kinds of surveys, they are thinking of their own driver and not much else. You are right in saying, they don't see what goes on behind the scenes. Not many people ever do see what happens in the centers and hubs. They might feel differently about our overall operation if they did see what goes on in the buildings.

rod

Retired 22 years
and if you really knew what went on behind the kitchen doors of your favorite resturant you would probably never eat out again.:happy2:

UPSGUY72

You know UPS has this general consensus with the general public that they are a top-notch company.

We are.

I think they are highly overrated. They move as slow as molasses when it comes to promoting people.

In order to be promoted people above you have to leave. If your looking to promoted quickly I would advise you to go work at Mcdonalds or join the military.

Everyone thinks their packages are handled with kid gloves when anyone that has ever workied there can attest that the packages are smashed, dirty, stepped on, etc...

We handle 10 of millions of packages daily each package is handle by between 5-10 different people before it gets to it's destination we do a pretty good job at get the package to the receiver in good shape. If we handle everybox like it had china in it nothing would ever get delivered.

And what's this you have to wait one year for medical and dental? A year and a half to include family?

We have some of the best medical benifits going and some people job surf for medical benifits use them and then quit and go back to there old job with terrible benifits. The wait eliminates most of this.

Certainly an outfit the size of UPS can do better than that.

I hear the military is hiring you can promoted real quick and they have medical and dental with no wait except the line when you get to the on post Dr/ hospital.

OK, done ranting. :happy2:

Now be grateful that you still have a job.

over9five

Staff member
and if you really knew what went on behind the kitchen doors of your favorite resturant you would probably never eat out again.:happy2:

+1. Back in high school I worked as a dishwasher in a Chinese restaurant, and I could tell you some stories!!!

sosocal

one common theme I see on this message board...It is alway fine and dandy to knock, criticize or bad mouth the company (from the inside) amongst the fraternity of fellow UPSers...It usually gets less enthusiasm when it is in the context of outside perception of the company.

DS

Fenderbender
one common theme I see on this message board...It is alway fine and dandy to knock, criticize or bad mouth the company (from the inside) amongst the fraternity of fellow UPSers...It usually gets less enthusiasm when it is in the context of outside perception of the company.

Not many people outside the company bother with the brown cafe because its geared towards us.
We dont care about outside perception because what they think does not matter.
I like your cat

UPSGUY72

I lived in S. Korea for 2 years. I can tell you I ate just about everything. If you don't ask what it is than it doesn't matter if it taste good. Well that works some of the time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just watched a cooking show. The guy was in China and they were cooking up a big batch of dog. yummy