UPS should replace the entire fleet with non union workers.

To openly admit that you've been selling out the PT's make you a piece of ***** in my opinion. With UPS increasingly hiring PT's over FT's, it's only a matter of time before the PT's take over the contract.

Sorry but don't hold your breathe on that happening. 80% of the ptimers I've ever met could care less as long as the check clears.

konsole

1980 making $8.50 is the same as 2012 making $24.00. Part timers would have to be starting at almost 3x what they start at now to compare to what they started at in 1980. How many part timers would complain about starting at $24.00 an hour? Over the years the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which reports how the Consumer Price Index (inflation) is calculated, has consistently found ways of manipulating the calculation to where it now doesnt even include food and energy in its calculation, the 2 more important things to the average joe. According to the BLS"BS" numbers, part timers now making $8.50 an hour would be equal to $3.00 an hour back in 1980. Either the part timers back then had it really really great, but get shafted now, or they had it ok back then and now get absolute crap.

You ask your parents and grand parents how they were able to have just 1 parent working a warehouse job way back when, and that 1 job was enough to support the family and put the kids through school. It's inflation folks, oil companies and supermarkets arent trying to screw people. Its the value of your dollar is going down, currently at about 3-4% of the value it had when the Federal Reserve was deceivingly created.

Bad Gas!

Preloaders @ my hub are always bitching about how UPS has cut hours, UPS this & that. If i were management, i'd replace the entire fleet with people who will work hard without whining about 20 minute being cut per week.

Why even respond?..That's all I got to say!

pretender

To openly admit that you've been selling out the PT's make you a piece of ***** in my opinion. With UPS increasingly hiring PT's over FT's, it's only a matter of time before the PT's take over the contract.

FYI--I was referring to a post where I was accussed of selling out the part timers. Can any of you PTers cite the contract in which you were sold out?

PT Car Washer

FYI--I was referring to a post where I was accussed of selling out the part timers. Can any of you PTers cite the contract in which you were sold out?

I believe it was the 1982 contract that started the two tier wage system. Before preloaders made $.50 less then drivers. No one back than would believe 30 years later PT wages would still be $8.00 an hour for a union job.

pretender

I believe it was the 1982 contract that started the two tier wage system. Before preloaders made $.50 less then drivers. No one back than would believe 30 years later PT wages would still be $8.00 an hour for a union job.

Thanks. I think that part timers should be better compensated, but it was not the drivers who sold them out. A better case could be made against the part timers at the time who voted yes, or did not bother to vote. At any rate, I don't think that someone who was still in diapers in 1982, has any place telling me that I sold him out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks. I think that part timers should be better compensated, but it was not the drivers who sold them out. A better case could be made against the part timers at the time who voted yes, or did not bother to vote. At any rate, I don't think that someone who was still in diapers in 1982, has any place telling me that I sold him out.

...or that the unborn should have any impact on our current or future negotiations...

pretender

...or that the unborn should have any impact on our current or future negotiations...

Point taken--but the simple fact is that the vast majority of people are looking out for their own best interests. For example, you have stated that your insurance through the union is excellent, and it appears to be better than the enhanced Central States. If you vote yes on the contract, I would not accuse you of selling me out. Like the unborn, as a retiree, I do not have a voice...

UPS Preloader

Point taken--but the simple fact is that the vast majority of people are looking out for their own best interests. For example, you have stated that your insurance through the union is excellent, and it appears to be better than the enhanced Central States. If you vote yes on the contract, I would not accuse you of selling me out. Like the unborn, as a retiree, I do not have a voice...

Upstate is going to sell us out. He's already stated that all he cares about is himself.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

Upstate is going to sell us out. He's already stated that all he cares about is himself.

Just curious, do you pay my mortgage? You're damn right I am going to take care of myself (first). I will then make sure to financially plan for my retirement so as not to be a burden on my family or former co-workers.

Yes, make sure you plan your retirement real well Bc the first contract I see that screws retirees I'm voting yes on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, make sure you plan your retirement real well Bc the first contract I see that screws retirees I'm voting yes on.

My Teamster pension will be unaffected by the contract that I am about to vote "yes" on nor will it be affected by any subsequent contracts that you will be voting on. (BTW, please be sure to use black or blue ink, not crayon)

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Yet, thats just the thing about the contract, and those before it. I've been reading the contract of this year, as a driver/ steward gave me one upon request. He was very honest, and stated it has next to nothing for PT.

I agree with you, PT may one day make huge moves to better their position.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

My Teamster pension will be unaffected by the contract that I am about to vote "yes" on nor will it be affected by any subsequent contracts that you will be voting on. (BTW, please be sure to use black or blue ink, not crayon)

Dont be so sure of yourself, pensions go bankrupt all the time. Let's hope your pension covers your future healthcare cost

balland chain

Preloaders @ my hub are always bitching about how UPS has cut hours, UPS this & that. If i were management, i'd replace the entire fleet with people who will work hard without whining about 20 minute being cut per week.

Maybe you should go into MGMT so you can see first hand WHY we have a union... Screw up in MGMT and their will be nobody to help you keep your job,, OH if you dont like working for a Union company, go elsewhere .....

BrownArmy

Yet, thats just the thing about the contract, and those before it. I've been reading the contract of this year, as a driver/ steward gave me one upon request. He was very honest, and stated it has next to nothing for PT.

I agree with you, PT may one day make huge moves to better their position.

ORLY?, here's your chance...

Embrace the Union and educate your fellow PT'rs...

Make it happen!