UPS Socks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No where have I read in the company "appearance standards" that the socks must be visible.

5-6 people got yanked in to the office and given warning letters the other day for not wearing socks.

I have "tall" boots, socks not visible, no one said jack crap to me.
This was my argument. I wear low no show socks. Who knows I even have socks on?

Cabf they make me wear socks? I free ball it everyday. Never heard a word about that.

FilingBluesFL

According to the UPSers website under "Appearance Standards:"

nostandards.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I know, a post about UPS Socks again. I tried to order some today, the Twin hill UPS website has been taken down apparently. Are we finally going to get some decent socks made by somebody else?

P

pickup

I know, a post about UPS Socks again. I tried to order some today, the Twin hill UPS website has been taken down apparently. Are we finally going to get some decent socks made by somebody else?

I ordered some just last week, , the charges were pending on my credit card for quite a few days, and then presto, email confirmation of order and shipping with tracking number. The charge on my credit card disappeared , no charge so far. I should get the box of socks tomorrow.

Very odd with the pending charge on my credit card disappearing but I ain't complaining.

ArcherUTR

Why in the hell would I make that up? They termed it gross insubordination and fired him for it. Obviously there is more to the story but that was the straw that broke the camels back. And as far as being out of work that long, that's about average for all terminations. Our grievances average 1.5 to 2 years before being heard.

Sent using BrownCafe App

So when a driver wins they pay him ~$150,000 in back pay?

ArcherUTR

No where have I read in the company "appearance standards" that the socks must be visible.

5-6 people got yanked in to the office and given warning letters the other day for not wearing socks.

I have "tall" boots, socks not visible, no one said jack crap to me.

Then what an intent to suspend and ultimately a suspension. Suspending 6 drivers would really :censored2: up a center. They wouldn't do it. They would give them a pair of socks first.

P

pickup

I ordered some just last week, , the charges were pending on my credit card for quite a few days, and then presto, email confirmation of order and shipping with tracking number. The charge on my credit card disappeared , no charge so far. I should get the box of socks tomorrow.

Very odd with the pending charge on my credit card disappearing but I ain't complaining.

Got my socks today and got them without paying. Go figure!

I think California successfully fought the sock issue and won. We do it all the time in Denver and sup's back down. UPS can demand as part of the dress policy that we wear brown socks. If they want me to wear brown socks with they're logo on them, it needs to be provided as part of the uniform. They also have a monopoly on the logo socks. Very limited as to where to buy them! So they're telling me, I have to purchase at my own expense, UPS logo socks from the ups store? Bull:censored2:! I just wear brown socks. Your results may vary.