UPS Socks

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Twinhill is currently having a sale on their socks. I just ordered a 6 pack for $26---with tax and shipping it was $37.
I've been putting it off too long. I double up and wear some nike some other breathable sock under the ups ones. I get double life out of them. It's been 5 years.

My ups socks probably look as faded as Gumbys or Brownslave's socks do

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've been putting it off too long. I double up and wear some nike some other breathable sock under the ups ones. I get double life out of them. It's been 5 years.

My ups socks probably look as faded as Gumbys or Brownslave's socks do
I like a 6" work boot for the ankle support.
Flavor of the week was ups logo has to show on socks when wearing shorts. I had the ankle height socks.

A snip here, a snip there.... I don't buy the branded socks anymore, just slip the old logo'd ankle portion over a decent pair of affordable socks and lace em up, good to go.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I got yelled at for a week straight about having white socks that barely showed above my boot...finally a sup gave me two pairs...buying something you are required to wear is stupid...except boots cause you can wear those outside work

FilingBluesFL

I like a 6" work boot for the ankle support.
Flavor of the week was ups logo has to show on socks when wearing shorts. I had the ankle height socks.

A snip here, a snip there.... I don't buy the branded socks anymore, just slip the old logo'd ankle portion over a decent pair of affordable socks and lace em up, good to go.

I wear a brown Dickies sock under my high ankle boots. No where does it say the logo has to be visible anywhere, and I haven't been asked to prove I'm wearing their socks...

We also have a few guys that wear just the logo part of the socks in our building lol

El Correcto

god is dead
I refuse to buy socks and I work in the south where it gets hot. I'll deal with the pants :censored2: that. They want me to go on worker's comp for heat exhaustion fine.
I don't even own a pair of shorts because I know I'll never give into their sock scheme.

Buster 554

So, I may not have a popular opinion, but I budjeted one of my 19 hours of overtime in a week to a 5 years supply of socks. I don't have an issue with buying my wool socks for the winter either

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So, I may not have a popular opinion, but I budjeted one of my 19 hours of overtime in a week to a 5 years supply of socks. I don't have an issue with buying my wool socks for the winter either

1 hour of OT for a 5 year supply?

What do you do, wear shorts for only 2 weeks a year?

The bottom line is, UPS supplies the uniforms. Shorts are part of the uniform. If they want us to wear their socks, they need to supply them.

Otherwise, just specific brown socks with shorts. Just like white or brown T-shirts.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I probably would never buy socks either. I never wore shorts. When I started in 1976, they didn't offer shorts as part of the uniform. Not sure when they implemented it. I always just wore brown socks when I was in package. When I went into feeders, I went to boots and turned to white socks since they couldn't be seen.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I probably would never buy socks either. I never wore shorts. When I started in 1976, they didn't offer shorts as part of the uniform. Not sure when they implemented it. I always just wore brown socks when I was in package. When I went into feeders, I went to boots and turned to white socks since they couldn't be seen.

It was in the early 90's.

We had to buy them the first couple of years if we wanted to wear them. They finally made them part of the uniform and supplied them free.

They need to do the same with the socks.

GameCockFan

I think California successfully fought the sock issue and won. We do it all the time in Denver and sup's back down. UPS can demand as part of the dress policy that we wear brown socks. If they want me to wear brown socks with they're logo on them, it needs to be provided as part of the uniform. They also have a monopoly on the logo socks. Very limited as to where to buy them! So they're telling me, I have to purchase at my own expense, UPS logo socks from the ups store? Bull:censored2:! I just wear brown socks. Your results may vary.

This^^^. I refuse to buy UPS socks. If it's branded, and required, they can provide it or else it's not happening.

Bottom rung

I wore a low cut brown sock that could barely be seen. I was then told by management that I had to have ups socks or would be given a warning letter.

Buster 554

I bought 6 pair and I will get a minimum of 4 years out of them, probably more. Tell a mechanic that has$10-15k in his tool box you should not have to pay for your socks and see what he says. Should the company pay for razor blades and hair cuts also. I can find enough stuff here to bitch about, without complaning about socks