UPS Socks

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I bought 6 pair and I will get a minimum of 4 years out of them, probably more. Tell a mechanic that has$10-15k in his tool box you should not have to pay for your socks and see what he says. Should the company pay for razor blades and hair cuts also. I can find enough stuff here to bitch about, without complaning about socks

Razor blades and haircuts are not part of the uniform. You are going to shave and cut your hair whether or not you are a driver.

If UPS requires you to wear their branded socks, I am sorry, they should supply them.

Mechanics do get a tool allowance. I know it does not buy all their tools. And they are mechanics before they were hired here. They should already have a well stocked toolbox.

But yes, I agree. UPS should supply them with all the tools necessary to do the job.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It was agreed upon by the union to get paid shorts. Better than having to wear pants in August. Reasonable compromise.

Not a good compromise.

UPS does not require us to wear "their" shoes.
UPS does not require us to wear "their" t-shirts.
UPS does not require us to wear "their" gloves.

All of these items show. So why require us to wear "their" socks?

It should be good enough to specify brown socks.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bought 6 pair and I will get a minimum of 4 years out of them, probably more. Tell a mechanic that has$10-15k in his tool box you should not have to pay for your socks and see what he says. Should the company pay for razor blades and hair cuts also. I can find enough stuff here to bitch about, without complaning about socks

I pretty sure mechanics get a tool allowance--someone correct me if I'm wrong. Our mechanic must have been one rich SOB because all he had for tools was a ballpeen hammer, a pair of channel locks and a roll of duct tape.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just about got a warning letter for those, no show cut. Not allowed per company policy.

Of course using the Carolina socks would depend on if your management team enforces dress codes. The CMs before mine were lax and didn't care, my Work Group looks like crap appearance wise. My current one is asking for polished shoes, current beard letters, and decent looking official uniform hats and jackets. I have saved the tops of my worn out Twin Hill socks if I have to use them.

Buster 554

I pretty sure mechanics get a tool allowance--someone correct me if I'm wrong. Our mechanic must have been one rich SOB because all he had for tools was a ballpeen hammer, a pair of channel locks and a roll of duct tape.
I am 100 % sure they don't here.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I am guessing alot complaing about socks speend more on soda and coffee in a day. Mabey work another minute a day to pay for them.

It's not so much a money issue. If they require me to wear their socks, they can supply them.

I know I don't have to wear their shorts, but they are part of the uniform and supplied by UPS.

I can understand specifying brown socks, instead of white, when wearing shorts, but if is the companies socks that I am required to wear, they can supply them.

I said before, we are not required to wear their shoes, their t-shirts or their gloves, all of which they have branded items for, so do not require me to wear their socks without supplying them.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had my supervisor do an observation on me last week. Told me I couldn't wear these socks anymore because they're not brown. I want a refund.
IMG_20180429_062909288.jpg