UPS Teamster Locals, Leaders Meet at Unity Conference to Discuss 2018 Contract

LeadBelly

Banned
I'm a constitutionalist/independent

Good zinger with the republican comment, maybe the next insult will be tdu

There is much more then 2 opinions/sides to situations, the current government and union leadership don't understand that.
I don't mention that other organization anymore. You can Comb my posts since the election was over. I don't even say those three letters anymore.

10 Pt

Lmfao!!! Same one you drive. A beat up standard P1000 with no power steering. ;)
I remember those days. 95 stops, 175 pkgs, 23 pk ups, 60 pcs.
Couldn't reach the handrail and the step was 22" off the ground.
Scrap those junkers while aluminum $ is acceptable.

LeadBelly

Banned
For the last two years I've been told by the regional safety guys that we would be a completely automatic fleet. I think the are joshing me a little but it's coming.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I called those "Everest". A full day of on and off the truck is the distance of climbing Mount Everest

10 Pt

For the last two years I've been told by the regional safety guys that we would be a completely automatic fleet. I think the are joshing me a little but it's coming.
They drag their feet replacing the stiff gear shift assembly ($400+) in those automatic Allison trannies. But it's nice not to have the floor stick in your way (or up your shorts) like it was for so many years.

LeadBelly

Banned
You average 170+ miles a day? That's easier on your joints except for your right ankle.
I was before Orion. I'm in the 150's 160's now. I do miss work quite a bit now and the guys that cover the route get sent all over Gods creation so I think the miles still even out. I have a guy who covers the route for me. They call him the hyena as he looks like one. He's had to put gas in a couple times.

LeadBelly

Banned
They drag their feet replacing the stiff gear shift assembly ($400+) in those automatic Allison trannies. But it's nice not to have the floor stick in your way (or up your shorts) like it was for so many years.
I'm a little nervous about the high mileage. They should give it to a city guy to offset the miles. Logistically speaking of course!!

10 Pt

I was before Orion. I'm in the 150's 160's now. I do miss work quite a bit now and the guys that cover the route get sent all over Gods creation so I think the miles still even out. I have a guy who covers the route for me. They call him the hyena as he looks like one. He's had to put gas in a couple times.
I hit 198 one day. Off at 20:45. Our (mis)loaders are making us rich. The driver group is getting mink coats for the girls and Lamborghinis for the guys for Christmas.
GPS for the PDS....in Braille.

10 Pt

I believe that every retired driver I know looks back after decompressing a couple of years and forgets about the harassment, stiff joints and long days.
They remember that they were a part of the greatest delivery system in the world.

They still relish the 15 days thumbing their noses at the supervisors in 97 but all in all they only think of the pension they have been receiving and the customers that became their family for thirty years.
The pension and healthcare have got to be #1 & #2 imo.
We'll weather the harassment better than the management will.

LeadBelly

Banned
I would bet that ups would rather have hall / Hoffa in there negotiating than Sean O... that right there is a good start in my book...give him a chance people!!!
My Loyalty will always remain with KennyHall. He's a great man, a smart man, and he's spent many days sacrificing, not sleeping, missing out on life for the cause of the teamsters. He's a true unionist, and he deserves respect. If you even remotely think anything of me consider this. I keep Mr.Hall in my morning prayers. My faith isn't what it used to be, but I still pray. His name gets mentioned. Peace brother.

Gimme Danger

Okay I'll bite, how much would you be willing to give up so that the part time starting wage goes to $15 an hour? How much would you give up for the 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 year members get the bump up in pay as well? How about the 7 to 10 year members? That's kinda a trick bag. What do you think.
Considering we make great money as drivers, the real improvements should be in part time wages and healthcare (in Teamcare areas), with attention to pension security. IMO.

10 Pt

I'm guessing that replacing 30 PCs with vehicles that have auto trannies vs 150-200 PCs is not that big of a feat.

10 Pt

Probably a lot considering first year medical benefits are rarely used by PTs.
Some of our local sort employees only work there for the Healthcare. They make more money in their other jobs.
Every employee should get healthcare bennies upon attaining seniority. Is the company paying into the plan for the part-timer that doesn't get insurance? Is this a union that is there for the members?
Then they should show it by getting the new hires healthcare after they reach seniority.
We'll retain more folks that way in the smaller operations. The hubs manning may be a different scenario, idk, but the one year wait on perks is not helpful.

anHOURover

My Loyalty will always remain with KennyHall. He's a great man, a smart man, and he's spent many days sacrificing, not sleeping, missing out on life for the cause of the teamsters. He's a true unionist, and he deserves respect. If you even remotely think anything of me consider this. I keep Mr.hall in my morning prayers. My faith isn't what it used to be, but I still pray. His name gets mentioned. Peace brother.
Hall is a criminal
FACT
hall is responsible for this low point in teamsters history
FACT