UPS Teamsters keeping their next two Wage increases

Hockeyparent

I know what I am. I don't need anyone to let me know. I asked for support for something, that is important to me. For future of UPS. The pension or lack their of is not going to affect me financially either way. If I can have my pension pay for my future electric bill I will be happy. I know how hard everyone works, for UPS. It would be nice to not just give it away. That's the bottom line. If your interested in relying on a failing system. You will be working again after ups.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's been 6 years of 52+ hours. Yeah OT whores. Or smart whatever you think.

Just let me get this straight.

You,
would prefer having your wage increases, in your pocket.

Instead.... of being diverted to "shore up" your particular Pension Fund.

And, were hoping the majority of members would be "like minded".

Does that sound about right ?

Help me out.

-Bug-

Hockeyparent

Well I would hope that majority members would understand that if they saved their wage increases they'd be better off than just giving them away. "Shore Up" is not a guarantee. Putting your wage increase in the bank account for only them to touch. Is A guarantee.

upsbrisco

Are you saying that your local had a vote and that the majority voted in favor of diverting the next two split raises to the pension?

Last year 2169 hours.
that is exactly what he is saying. as soon as contract was ratified by the local, the pension fund sent out a ballot to vote to either give up last 2 contractual raises or our retirement age would be raised to 30 years of service and the age of 65 for a full retirement, if we wanted to give up the raises it would only be for age 55 and 30 years of service for full retirement. We voted to give up those future raises, which is exactly what hockey parent feels that since the fund cannot be saved by these future raises being given up he shouldn't have to make that sacrifice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know what I am. I don't need anyone to let me know. I asked for support for something, that is important to me. For future of UPS. The pension or lack their of is not going to affect me financially either way. If I can have my pension pay for my future electric bill I will be happy. I know how hard everyone works, for UPS. It would be nice to not just give it away. That's the bottom line. If your interested in relying on a failing system. You will be working again after ups.

If I work after UPS it will be my choice doing something that I enjoy but it will NOT be because I HAVE to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

that is exactly what he is saying. as soon as contract was ratified by the local, the pension fund sent out a ballot to vote to either give up last 2 contractual raises or our retirement age would be raised to 30 years of service and the age of 65 for a full retirement, if we wanted to give up the raises it would only be for age 55 and 30 years of service for full retirement. We voted to give up those future raises, which is exactly what hockey parent feels that since the fund cannot be saved by these future raises being given up he shouldn't have to make that sacrifice.

When we voted on possible pension rehabilitation plans we were given 5 choices, A through E.

So you are saying that since the pension fund has announced the 20/31/50 proposed cuts that you guys should get a "re-do" on the wage diversion vote?

upsbrisco

When we voted on possible pension rehabilitation plans we were given 5 choices, A through E.

So you are saying that since the pension fund has announced the 20/31/50 proposed cuts that you guys should get a "re-do" on the wage diversion vote?
i'm saying that we were given another vote after the a through e vote with only 2 new options, as soon as ratification of contract (within days) we received a vote to take our last 2 raises for this contract. the a through e options are the raises we lost in the contract that expired in 2013.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well I would hope that majority members would understand that if they saved their wage increases they'd be better off than just giving them away. "Shore Up" is not a guarantee. Putting your wage increase in the bank account for only them to touch. Is A guarantee.

Just a friendly piece of advice....

I wanted to understand your thoughts.

But, you might have just unleashed the "Teamster Dogs of War". :biggrin:

Complaining in the Union Forum ??

Oh boy....

-Bug-

Hockeyparent

And before we give our wage increases away recklessly. We should revisit the topic before they are gone for good. Like the last raises. It's worth supporting, they have no evidence that wage diversions have worked. None.

Hockeyparent

I'm not sure what you mean by Teamster Dogs of War- Bug. Is that a threat? I've been worried about asking questions. Especially with the Teamsters. i shouldn't feel that way. I shouldn't feel worried about giving wage increases away without answers.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not sure what you mean by Teamster Dogs of War- Bug. Is that a threat? I've been worried about asking questions. Especially with the Teamsters. i shouldn't feel that way. I shouldn't feel worried about giving wage increases away without answers.

Please tell me....

You are not one of these juvenile millennial's, whose vagina gets hurt....

on a daily basis ?

I'm trying to help you.

-Bug-

Last edited: