UPS to deliver seven days week

UPS_carnage11

Can ups buy out old malls and have pick ups there? I see how they have auto parts and pharmacies. But It would be funny for people to return to a mall to pick up stuff that they originally didn't want to stop and pick up for.

Everything comes full circle eventually.

A small 5% discount and the prospect of no porch pirates could have people picking up their own stuff.
You mean like access points? I mean if you can't be home when the delivery is attempted maybe you should just go to the store to buy your :censored2:. I mean we update through text, email, apps , etc. You can literally see the driver on the map through gps. You know we're coming. It's not unreasonable to actually be home when we attempt the delivery.

MattM

You mean like access points? I mean if you can't be home when the delivery is attempted maybe you should just go to the store to buy your :censored2:. I mean we update through text, email, apps , etc. You can literally see the driver on the map through gps. You know we're coming. It's not unreasonable to actually be home when we attempt the delivery.
Access points have increased. Whether it's for returns or for pick ups, they mention in the articles, 90% of Americans will now be within 5 miles of an access point.

So yeah. Access points are the future. Weird crap I know. Soon we'll invade the old toys r us buildings for in store pickup. There will be a building that organizing other stores deliveries and soon there will be a line of customers trying to get their packages. It's all cyclical Bs.
For years, FedEx used to say they attempted delivery on my items but I was home. Nothing showed. I was forced to go to their facility for pick up. FedEx wasn't dumb about it. Driving to a pickup center is in our future if we can't obtain more drivers.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
that said, it makes a lot of sense on the transportation end; it has to be a 5 or a 7 day network

dunno what the hell package will do, but RIP our weekends

Bob11B

It's pretty obvious now that any talk of Amazon dropping UPS or vice versa is bs. Bezos knows damn well that he can't just snap his fingers and buy what we've spent over a century creating. As chaotic, shady, and stressful as our job can be....it really is incredible what each hub accomplishes every day. Amazon can't friend with our productivity. The guy is a self made kajillionaire genius. He knows he can't friend with UPS.
And he's not trying to.
They aren't even paying for their drivers to have any sort of uniform.
I could see UPS and Amazon having sexual relations with each other for another 10 years.
Even by that time, Amazon delivery could still be a joke. Even after all the cool planes and drones flying everywhere.
Amazon needs UPS in the extended short term.
Agree with most of this except where I am, Amazon has nicer uniforms then we do.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
So we are hitching our future on to one sole company?

What could possibly go wrong?
Amazon will soon dominate the retail industry.
You realize the vast majority of the Internets is run by Amazon Web Services.

Amazon is a behemoth.....soon they will acquire UPS, lock out the Union, replace with low wage jobs, robots, drones and profit hundreds of millions of dollars every day.
Trillions of dollars in Profit a Quarter.

Jeff Bezos will eventually plant a chip in our head that will allow us to order products just by thinking about them.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
There's more to it than just Sunday delivery. According to CNBC, Next-Day air will also be extended....I'm guessing it won't be 10:30 AM anymore....

Wonder what that will mean....

View attachment 256786

I read that as meaning you will be able to put a package into the system later in the evening and still have it arrive the next morning.

I believe we get late preload air packages almost everyday on sunrise planes, or at least that's what a guy told me at the ramp. Nothing like getting a pup with 500+ air packages to a center only to have them roll it. Supposedly, that center with 100+ runs has run air in trace all year long.

I cant believe more customers shipping air dont leave.

Mack37

We were told that UPS is going to strengthen their relationship with us at the postal service in order to make seven day delivery happen. FedEx is switching to seven day but wants to dump USPS so obviously I’m hoping UPS wipes the floor with FedEx.

Obviously UPS will probably want to cut ties one day but if the arrangement makes us both money for now then I’m happy. I for one prefer working with a union brother/sister over FedEx anyways.

For those of you that hate that fact that UPS works with USPS, I’m sorry in advance.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
We were told that UPS is going to strengthen their relationship with us at the postal service in order to make seven day delivery happen. FedEx is switching to seven day but wants to dump USPS so obviously I’m hoping UPS wipes the floor with FedEx.

Obviously UPS will probably want to cut ties one day but if the arrangement makes us both money for now then I’m happy. I for one prefer working with a union brother/sister over FedEx anyways.

For those of you that hate that fact that UPS works with USPS, I’m sorry in advance.
i’d rather work with the post office than amazon or fedex

JustDeliverIt

Can ups buy out old malls and have pick ups there? I see how they have auto parts and pharmacies. But It would be funny for people to return to a mall to pick up stuff that they originally didn't want to stop and pick up for.

Everything comes full circle eventually.

A small 5% discount and the prospect of no porch pirates could have people picking up their own stuff.

As much as the shipper might enjoy the discount, the customer receiving the package doesn't want to leave the house. That's why they order online for the time saving aspect and the fact it's dropped at their door.

I deliver in a not so great neighborhood and attempt to get signatures for almost anything other that a t-shirt bag. People understand why things are not left, but they would rather have it dropped off the next day for a signed info notice when they know it is coming than go a few minutes out of their way to pick it up.

Access points have pissed off more people than I think the company realizes.

As much as the shipper might enjoy the discount, the customer receiving the package doesn't want to leave the house. That's why they order online for the time saving aspect and the fact it's dropped at their door.

I deliver in a not so great neighborhood and attempt to get signatures for almost anything other that a t-shirt bag. People understand why things are not left, but they would rather have it dropped off the next day for a signed info notice when they know it is coming than go a few minutes out of their way to pick it up.

Access points have pissed off more people than I think the company realizes.
And many people don't pick them up and they end up being returned to the shipper.

JustDeliverIt

And many people don't pick them up and they end up being returned to the shipper.

Yeah, pick them up a week later and give them to the clerk. Best is when someone else picks them up and they just end up back in the system. I once sent the same package to an access point twice. When I got it the third time I just NI3 but it was 3.5 weeks after the initial attempt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It will take a picture. Our DIADs have a camera built in to it.
I am so interested to see how drones play out.

Who is gonna scan the package and DR it? I’m not scanning a package miles from a house and trusting a drone to deliver it.

You’ll be gone but this is not a job I’d recommend anyone take anymore that’s expecting to stay for 30+ years.

I am so interested to see how drones play out.

Who is gonna scan the package and DR it? I’m not scanning a package miles from a house and trusting a drone to deliver it.

You’ll be gone but this is not a job I’d recommend anyone take anymore that’s expecting to stay for 30+ years.
They are going too so kill the new drivers. They will be stuck delivering all of the heavy stuff