UPS to deliver seven days week

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I like the USPS. I hate surepost. Should have never been created. Those are our stops, for our guys. Imagine if we delivered all the surepost, how many more routes we'd need
Imagine if the contract was followed with language about proximity stops how many more routes we’d need.

Mack37

I like the USPS. I hate surepost. Should have never been created. Those are our stops, for our guys. Imagine if we delivered all the surepost, how many more routes we'd need

Well hopefully running seven days will mean you guys will have to create a bunch more good, FULL TIME jobs. However, I have a suspicion that a lot of those packages will be riding in postal vehicles. We’ll see.

browned out

"The Company
agrees that it will not use Surepost as a basis to diminish the size
of the bargaining unit."

Ummmmmmmmm...????

So the memo of agreement is not applicable? Just another contractually guaranteed right allowed to be ignored by the Hoffa/Hall/Taylor criminals.

(1) In the event the Company’s competition eliminates its service comparable to Surepost, either nationwide or in any service area, the Company shall discontinue Surepost on the same basis. FedEx 7-Day Delivery: Inside the Decision | iDrive Logistics

FEDEX has already began the process of discontinuing and eliminating SmartPost which is the equivalent of UPS SurePost.

In another act of complete defiance and willful violation of the contract; UPS states "Building on an expanded relationship with the Postal Service to help deliver seven-day service to our customers makes good business sense,” UPS Chief Marketing Officer, Kevin Warren said in a statement Tuesday. Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Sure, no problem, FEDEX has started phasing out SmartPost and UPS is expanding SmartPost. WTF?

Vote these pieces of garbage out. Unless....our right to vote for Teamster president is eliminated.

browned out

The writing is on the wall, in our local center, local hubs, and centers and hubs all across the country:

UPS will offer substantial discounts to retail giants who agree to have their parcels delivered on Saturdays and Sundays.

Walmart, Macy's, Kohls, Target, JCP, and other retail titans will opt to have the majority of their shipments delivered on Saturday and Sunday.

This will result in massive layoffs of RPCDs on Mondays and Tuesdays. 22.4's will work W-Sun. No RPCD shall be laid off while 22.4s are working. NO (0) 22.4s will be working M or Tues. so there is no limit on the # of RPCDs that can and will be laid off on Mondays and Tuesdays.

And yet in most areas of the country; an RPCD has no contractual right to bump a 22.4 on a Sat or Sun. I do not believe there is any local in the country that allows RPCDs the opportunity or right to stay on the schedules that they bid on. Many of us bid Tues-Sat because that is what we preferred.

Many RPCD's would gladly bid on a Wed. to Sun. position if that was their only way to be guaranteed 40 hours.

This CBA was drafted by colluding, moronic criminals. The CBA negotiated by the IBT is arbitrary, discriminatory and in bad faith.

How in the world could the IBT guarantee 22.4s the right to 40 hours every single week while RPCDs are only guaranteed 24 hours per week?

There is no right or protection of a 40 hour week for all RPCDs? WHY? All 22.4s are guaranteed 40 hours?

Incompetence, gross negligence, arbitrary negotiations, ignoring the vote of the members, refusing to answer members questions during contract negotiations, etc. answers part of this question.

I would say it is unbelievable; but I can not; It is what is expected from the IBT. It has been par for the course.

It all makes sense to me now. I have figured out the acronym of UPS/IBT

Unilaterally
Push
Sh--
Into the
Brotherhood and Sisterhood's
Throats

UPS/IBT that's it.

Last edited:
The writing is on the wall, in our local center, local hubs, and centers and hubs all across the country:

UPS will offer substantial discounts to retail giants who agree to have their parcels delivered on Saturdays and Sundays.

Walmart, Macy's, Kohls, Target, JCP, and other retail titans will opt to have the majority of their shipments delivered on Saturday and Sunday.

This will result in massive layoffs of RPCDs on Mondays and Tuesdays. 22.4's will work W-Sun. No RPCD shall be laid off while 22.4s are working. NO (0) 22.4s will be working M or Tues. so there is no limit on the # of RPCDs that can and will be laid off on Mondays and Tuesdays.

And yet in most areas of the country; an RPCD has no contractual right to bump a 22.4 on a Sat or Sun. I do not believe there is any local in the country that allows RPCDs the opportunity or right to stay on the schedules that they bid on. Many of us bid Tues-Sat because that is what we preferred.

Many RPCD's would gladly bid on a Wed. to Sun. position if that was their only way to be guaranteed 40 hours.

This CBA was drafted by colluding, moronic criminals. The CBA negotiated by the IBT is arbitrary, discriminatory and in bad faith.

Why in the world could the IBT guarantee 22.4s the right to 40 hours every single week while RPCDs are only guaranteed 24 hours per week?

There is no right or protection of a 40 hour week for all RPCDs? WHY? All 22.4s are guaranteed 40 hours?

Incompetence, gross negligence, arbitrary negotiations, ignoring the vote of the members, refusing to answer members questions during contract negotiations, etc. answers part of this question.

I would say it is unbelievable; but I can not; It is what is expected from the IBT. It has been par for the course.
Electronic voting is way too hard..

They will probably.tey to offer RPCD 4X10 so they get 40 hours.....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Bit yet we have to get the older planes retro fitted with new cockpits?

You do know peak is coming?
New cockpits add a lot of flexibility with rotating aircraft through the system.

And traditionally cargo aircraft are older age wise. We don’t utilize them for near the amount of hours as passenger airlines. Total cost is lower even with higher operating cost than buying brand new. It only pays off with aircraft like the 747-8 that we are buying where the daily hours in the air is substantially higher

New cockpits add a lot of flexibility with rotating aircraft through the system.

And traditionally cargo aircraft are older age wise. We don’t utilize them for near the amount of hours as passenger airlines. Total cost is lower even with higher operating cost than buying brand new. It only pays off with aircraft like the 747-8 that we are buying where the daily hours in the air is substantially higher
Bit we don't have enough jets now. What excuse are they going to use when leak fails this year?

Not to mention the package cars that have been red tagged since the be the year

They are going to need a lot of work.

Brisket

Amazon turning to basically everything being NDA has been a killer

But what is the plan when they decide they will pull that volume ... again like they did a couple peaks ago?! Those new planes will suddenly be half full or sitting altogether not making money for anyone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

5250D550-C096-462D-9150-BA9D69B2819E.gif

335AC87E-C10E-4F80-BF75-2611DD10BB7A.gif

Look who appears

tourists24

We get late air shuttles every day and are putting an unprecedented number of routes on the road for summer. Pushing unprepared people off the street into Integrad. OMS says the same as you. Peak is going to be a :censored3:show.
Forget Integrad.... we can't get our center to qualify drivers. Almost everyone is being DQ'd

Bit we don't have enough jets now. What excuse are they going to use when leak fails this year?

Not to mention the package cars that have been red tagged since the be the year

They are going to need a lot of work.
I really do not mind riding around in a rental truck with AC and a radio while we have red tag package cars. Especially when I am running NDA and then misloads for 200 miles and 25 stops at top driver rate. I and my bank account love UPS management