UPS Whistleblowers- Happy National Whistleblowers Appreciation Day!

Integrity

Binge Poster
My opinion is irrelevant what does the contract say?
I would hope that as a Shop Steward you would not view your position on this matter as irrelevant.

My opinion as a former 15 Year Steward is that when all else fails that local management has a right to initiate progressive discipline to correct an employee who refuses to follow a UPS Safe work method/training?

I would go further to say that after every other possible means is exhausted to help the employee fulfill his/her responsibility to the company, their coworkers, and themselves, the company not only has a right but an obligation to see that this problem is corrected even if progressive discipline is required.

Thebrownblob

I would hope that as a Shop Steward you would not view your position on this matter as irrelevant.

My opinion as a former 15 Year Steward is that when all else fails that local management has a right to initiate progressive discipline to correct an employee who refuses to follow a UPS Safe work method/training?

I would go further to say that after every other possible means is exhausted to help the employee fulfill his/her responsibility to the company, their coworkers, and themselves, the company not only has a right but an obligation to see that this problem is corrected even if progressive discipline is required.

And if you were my shop Steward I would meet you in the parking lot, It might also be why you’re a former Steward

Thebrownblob

The path I led you down proves my point you are either a company plant or a company kiss ass. I would go down swinging to defend someone from discipline from the company from something that is not specifically written in the contract and really not even provable.

Thebrownblob

For the record I told you my opinion is irrelevant as is yours. I will follow the contract in these matters. You’re looking for progressive discipline for drivers who don’t do what they’re told because you love authoritarian Solutions. Typical management brown nose ploy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And if you were my shop Steward I would meet you in the parking lot,
What would we discuss?

Don’t you as a Union man support and encourage employee responsibility?

Our local definitely does.

It might also be why you’re a former Steward
I am very active still with the new Steward, I let him run unopposed because I will be retiring in Feb. He serves as my alternate for several years.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes I was.

The settlement was to handle damaged hazmats properly. How can you disagree with what the settlement says or the impact of “handle damaged hazmats properly.”

The settlement only impacted damaged hazmat handling. That’s it.

Disagree all you want. You’re wrong again, as usual.
We can agree to disagree then.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The only change I saw was that a trained hazmat responder would remove the damaged package, instead of a sup throwing it in a tote and removing it.

No change in operating methods or working conditions at all, except that someone trained took care of the damaged hazmat. Not really significant.
Keter Audits was significant change no?

Trucker Clock

Keter Audits was significant change no?

Keter audits went above and beyond what the 1992 CSA agreement with OSHA stipulated.

Did you read it?

While I feel that it was beneficial for safety for the Keter audits to progress, it was not a part of the agreement you quoted and referenced.

Thebrownblob

What would we discuss?

Don’t you as a Union man support and encourage employee responsibility?

Our local definitely does.

I am very active still with the new Steward, I let him run unopposed because I will be retiring in Feb. He serves as my alternate for several years.

We would discuss your collusion with management, your job as a steward is to represent me “from” discipline not to recommend management to give discipline.
We would also be discussing the petition I would be starting against you to remove you as a steward.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We would discuss your collusion with management, your job as a steward is to represent me “from” discipline not to recommend management to give discipline.
I never have, nor would I ever recommend management to give discipline.
We would also be discussing the petition I would be starting against you to remove you as a steward.
Not sure on what grounds. Never gave any of my guys reason to start one.

Thebrownblob

I never have, nor would I ever recommend management to give discipline.

Not sure on what grounds. Never gave any of my guys reason to start one.
You just said your opinion is management should be able to discipline for something that’s not even contractual. So if in fact you were a steward of mine and I received progressive discipline based on your agreement with management I would be petitioning you to be removed. Within this conversation with you you have been exposed as a management shill and a kiss ass, there really is no other explanation for your determination that you would agree with discipline. Kindly remove yourself from this conversation because you have no credibility anymore

Thebrownblob

@Integrity is the biggest fraud and phony on this website, when management started giving out safety questions to learn they went down the path of trying to discipline drivers. If integrity was someone shop steward he would’ve agreed with them because that’s what Steward on his knees would do. Myself and my local make sure there’s never any discipline for not knowing safety questions only training even if it takes their whole career. Integrity is no union member worth discussing anything with. I’m embarrassed to even be associated with him.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I definitely would report any liquid spilled on the floor as per “slips and falls” training.

Not sure what other point your are trying to make.

You appear to be sympathetic with the the company and not sympathetic to the needs of some employees.

Is this an accurate assessment of where your sympathies?
I'm sympathetic for your desperate need for attention. Desperate need for a lobotomy as well...
Bad English Fluffy

Integrity

Binge Poster
You just said your opinion is management should be able to discipline for something that’s not even contractual. So if in fact you were a steward of mine and I received progressive discipline based on your agreement with management I would be petitioning you to be removed. Within this conversation with you you have been exposed as a management shill and a kiss ass, there really is no other explanation for your determination that you would agree with discipline. Kindly remove yourself from this conversation because you have no credibility anymore
That is not what I said.

Show me where I said any of this.

I have no need to leave a conversation or defend my credibility when my words are misrepresented.

This inserted post is actually what I said:

Thebrownblob

That is not what I said.

I have no need to leave a conversation or defend my credibility when my words are misrepresented.

Stop embarrassing yourself you have no credibility here with anyone there is no failure possible that would allow me to agree that management should give progressive discipline for the issues you’re talking about. Your words were not misrepresented they were exactly as you stated. You do not drive for UPS you have no credibility you are a fraud, what means would be exhausted? There are none this is why you are a fraud a disgrace that would say something like that as a union member I will vehemently disrobe You agreeing that you would have no problem with management discipline someone for something in a position of steward like that brings reproach on you

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Integrity is the biggest fraud and phony on this website, when management started giving out safety questions to learn they went down the path of trying to discipline drivers. If integrity was someone shop steward he would’ve agreed with them because that’s what Steward on his knees would do.
In our local, when UPS tried force safety questions on employee’s and discipline for not being able to regurgitate the UPS stated responses verbatim UPS management were laughed out of many a hearing.

No way in our local.

Some kiss ups loved answering the questions. They are the ones local management usually picked.
Myself and my local make sure there’s never any discipline for not knowing safety questions only training even if it takes their whole career.
Same with my local. My local is a powerhouse though.
Integrity is no union member worth discussing anything with.
Sorry to hear that.
I’m embarrassed to even be associated with him.
Sorry to hear that.

You don’t recognize the UPS’s right to properly use progressive discipline to help correct employees who are failing to meet their personal responsibilities to the company, their coworkers, and themselves?

I thought you were all for personal responsibility from employees.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
That is not what I said.

It is highly disconcerting to me that a former steward of 15 years would have the mindset you posted.

Thebrownblob

In our local, when UPS tried force safety questions on employee’s and discipline for not being able to regurgitate the UPS stated responses verbatim UPS management were laughed out of many a hearing.

No way in our local.

Some kiss ups loved answering the questions. They are the ones local management usually picked.

Same with my local. My local is a powerhouse though.

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that.

You don’t recognize the UPS’s right to properly use progressive discipline to help correct employees who are failing to meet their personal responsibilities to the company, their coworkers, and themselves?

I thought you were all for personal responsibility from employees.

Sure am I’m not for allowing management discipline for the amount of water you drink what’s in your lunchbox if you slept enough for if they saw you went out and party on Facebook. You on the other hand clearly are. The only one that should be laughed out of here is you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is highly disconcerting to me that a former steward of 15 years would have the mindset you posted.
What part of what I actually said is disconcerting to you?

Please quote my words

I can defend my words.

But I will not nor can I defend misquotes and unwarranted character assassination based upon these misquotes.