UPS Whistleblowers- Happy National Whistleblowers Appreciation Day!

Thebrownblob

Yes Keter was contracted by UPS.

In my area they didn't know exactly where until 24 hour prior.(Allegedly I must add.)

Why did so many hourlies assist in helping UPS pass.?
Not sure what the hourly is did you’re talking about? Mostly as drivers want someone to answer their safety questions correctly and most never can

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just like a UPS internal audit. The centers or hubs know about it well in advance. Hell, they even pay extra people to clean the building before the auditors show up.

They rehearse the 5’s and 10’s with the selected drivers who will participate in the audits.

And, guess what, OSHA knows this is happening, yet does nothing about it.
Someone would have had to file a formal complaint.

You could have.

Trucker Clock

You could have.

Been ther, done that.

15 people from Corporate showed up, unannounced, at my local airport on a Monday morning and tore my building a new A hole.

Didn’t help. It was all smoke and mirrors.

UPS does not want a failed audit, no matter what.

Trucker Clock

You could have.

See, you’re part of the problem.

You push the little issues, the issues that are neither contractual nor legal. UPS bends to your bitching and then claims that they are doing everything in their power to address safety issues.

You got your cooler and UPS thinks they did a great job.

Quit being part of the problem.

Integrity

Binge Poster
See, you’re part of the problem.
I take on what I take on, I don't what I don't. It is my call. What do you take on?
You push the little issues, the issues that are neither contractual nor legal.
No
UPS bends to your bitching and then claims that they are doing everything in their power to address safety issues.
No
You got your cooler and UPS thinks they did a great job.
No
Quit being part of the problem.
I don't see that I am.

Trucker Clock

This one I'm curious to hear about.

He bitches about the small stuff, and tries to make it an OSHA issue, when it is not. They appease him and give him his ice and cooler. But, only him. Then he bitches about the heat in the package cars, but they ignore him because he already shot his load on the free water.

They tell him that he got what he wanted, a cooler and ice, so now they ignore him on the important issues.

Integrity

Binge Poster
He bitches about the small stuff, and tries to make it an OSHA issue, when it is not. They appease him and give him his ice and cooler. But, only him. Then he bitches about the heat in the package cars, but they ignore him because he already shot his load on the free water.

They tell him that he got what he wanted, a cooler and ice, so now they ignore him on the important issues.
This is all a process. I believe they will have to do for every driver what they have conceded to me.

You mark my words UPS will eventually have no other choice but to provide climate controlled delivery vehicles.

This issue is just “heating up”.

Pun intended.

Pun intended.

Nah

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. That's the way it is on all the issues. Don't know what else to say.

35years

Gravy route
This is all a

You mark my words UPS will eventually have no other choice but to provide climate controlled delivery vehicles.
Are you familiar with how the rules regarding bathroom facilities shook out years ago? UPS was one of the critical cases that shaped OSHA rulings.

Just as it is not reasonable to expect UPS to provide toilets in each package car (only bldgs.), you might be surprised how OSHA will eventually interpret the hydration rule.

We are a "moble crew". The OSHA rules you see as hard and fast may very easily be interpreted differently than you imagine...

Since drivers can reasonably be expected to travel to the nearest restroom on route (even though UPS is required to provide them in facilities), OSHA could interpret the hydration requirement as being fulfilled by allowing drivers to travel to the nearest place that could supply them with water.
Or perhaps you think the urge to drink water is more pressing than the urge to expel it?

OSHA interprets the rules the way they see fit (sometimes with "pressure" or "guidance" by companies).

Your push for free water misses the mark. Heat in the back of the trucks should be your focus.

35years

Gravy route
And even if OSHA ruled that UPS had to provide relief from the high temperatures, OSHA could very well interpret that rule in the same way....
Perhaps like the following:
Mobile crews can drive to a/c: requiring UPS to provide a/c is an "un-due" burden.

We all know what the bathroom access rulings look like in practice...pee bottles in trucks because of time pressure and over-dispatching by management.

Thebrownblob

And even if OSHA ruled that UPS had to provide relief from the high temperatures, OSHA could very well interpret that rule in the same way....
Perhaps like the following:
Mobile crews can drive to a/c: requiring UPS to provide a/c is an "un-due" burden.

We all know what the bathroom access rulings look like in practice...pee bottles in trucks because of time pressure and over-dispatching by management.
Similar to the Keter audits, that really did nothing but create a harassment culture for UPS to threaten people if they did not learn their safety questions, not really making people safe just stressed and harassed.