brownIEman

I don't care what anyone says, if you are ordering your groceries, dog food, paper towels, etc. then you are lazy. There were Ups drivers that weren't delivering this crap to lazy people before and they still made a fat paycheck with even better benefits and a better pension.

There were not nearly as many drivers making a good living then. The lazy customers through the company is paying way more for the benefits and pensions of those drivers than they ever did. The fact the benefit dollars don't go nearly as far or that some pensions have been managed into the ground is not their fault and don't even belong in this conversation.

Contempt for ones customers is just a crappy attitude to have on GP.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Screw the public---they aren't the ones putting up with UPS bull :censored2: or are being affected by the contract language. Public support is nice but not necessary. It boils down to you against management and visa versa. If you think the public cares that you are out there at 7-8-9 o'clock at night you are mistaken. All they want is their bag of dog food they were too lazy to buy at the local store.
True, but you must control the narrative. This is why I would roll out crying woman and sickly babies. It's is all about images.

Rack em

Made the Podium
There were not nearly as many drivers making a good living then. The lazy customers through the company is paying way more for the benefits and pensions of those drivers than they ever did. The fact the benefit dollars don't go nearly as far or that some pensions have been managed into the ground is not their fault and don't even belong in this conversation.

Contempt for ones customers is just a crappy attitude to have on GP.
I am not just talking about my customers, I am talking about everyone's customers. Online shopping has made people extremely lazy. They help provide me a paycheck yes, but lazy is lazy.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The pantry stuff is understandable for some people. I've considered doing it myself. I'm gone 12 hours per day and too burned out to do anything during the week. They often ruin my Saturdays too. I don't have time to buy stuff like that.

You gotta be kidding!

You are single, no kids and rent. How many of us who are married, with kids and a house/yard to take care of survived even working 12 hour days?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You gotta be kidding!

You are single, no kids and rent. How many of us who are married, with kids and a house/yard to take care of survived even working 12 hour days?
The wife bought them while you were working? friend* if I know.

brownIEman

I wonder what these "massive reductions" to the health care benefits really are that the company is proposing?
If it's transferring most of the medical cost to the employees that is a crappy miser move and you'll likely have public support. If it's the 9¢ Hall famously said would never happen, don't count on it.

Either way, starting a national advertising campaign essentially warning customers to move their business to a non Union competitor seems like a poor use of Union funds.

JL 0513

I am not just talking about my customers, I am talking about everyone's customers. Online shopping has made people extremely lazy. They help provide me a paycheck yes, but lazy is lazy.

Yes, but most service industries exist because we don't want to do things ourselves.

Imagine a restaurant owner complaining about all of his customers coming in saying they were too lazy to cook at home.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
As a single man, with no real responsibilities, you are complaining about not having time to buy the necessities you need.

Try having responsibilities and survive.
My point is why would I extend my already long workday running around a grocery store when I have options? I could even put it on hold and take it home with me myself. Then I could spend my limited free time during the week doing something I actually enjoy instead of a literal wake-work-sleep cycle.

Why does it bother people so much that I don't have the same responsibilities that they took on entirely by choice?

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My point is why would I extend my already long workday running around a grocery store when I have options? I could even put it on hold and take it home with me myself. Then I could spend my limited free time during the week doing something I actually enjoy instead of a literal wake-work-sleep cycle.

Why does it bother people so much that I don't have the same responsibilities that they took on entirely by choice?

Doesn't bother me at all. Go for it.

And, good luck in the future when you are saddled with more than just taking care of yourself.