UPSers Against Human Trafficking

Faceplanted

Anybody else get to see this great video and hear about our new policy about somehow finding people getting bought and sold and out duty to "see something say something"

Rack em

Made the Podium
They handed out some pamphlets at our PCM a few weeks ago. I think it's a good thing to be aware and at least try to make a difference since we are everywhere everyday.

Faceplanted

They handed out some pamphlets at our PCM a few weeks ago. I think it's a good thing to be aware and at least try to make a difference since we are everywhere everyday.
I see 10 things a day that could be deemed "weird".
Until I see a girl asking for help or anything like that, it's not my job. When the Feds or local pd help me deliver packages maybe I can take more time helping them do their job. If I don't personally see somebody in distress or asking for help I could care less. If I see something that is an obvious issue I have no issue stepping up and trying my best to handle it my self or call the local pd. The whole "push" i heard about last week seems super sketch and coming from the wrong place. Just inho

PT Car Washer

Until I see a girl asking for help or anything like that, it's not my job. When the Feds or local pd help me deliver packages maybe I can take more time helping them do their job. If I don't personally see somebody in distress or asking for help I could care less.
You are a credit to the human race.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Until I see a girl asking for help or anything like that, it's not my job. When the Feds or local pd help me deliver packages maybe I can take more time helping them do their job. If I don't personally see somebody in distress or asking for help I could care less.
I am sorry you have that outlook. Just think, that one time you see something "weird" was the time there was a poor 14 year old girl trapped in the back of a van being used and abused as a sex slave. All you had to do was make a phone call and you could have saved her from a tragic life or saved her life altogether.

They aren't asking you to become a detective while on route. But if you see something strange, maybe just take a few notes and send a message in on your diad and have the center contact the authorities to check it out. I know if I knew I had the chance to save someone's life and didn't because I was "too busy" delivering packages, I would have a hard time living with myself.

Faceplanted

I am sorry you have that outlook. Just think, that one time you see something "weird" was the time there was a poor 14 year old girl trapped in the back of a van being used and abused as a sex slave. All you had to do was make a phone call and you could have saved her from a tragic life or saved her life altogether.

They aren't asking you to become a detective while on route. But if you see something strange, maybe just take a few notes and send a message in on your diad and have the center contact the authorities to check it out. I know if I knew I had the chance to save someone's life and didn't because I was "too busy" delivering packages, I would have a hard time living with myself.
I don't need a video to show this to me. This is absolute common sense. I have personally physically asualted women beater off the clock when I was not even 18 after I saw him hit a woman in a public location. I waited for the police, explained what happens and was told I did the right thing and to be on my way. I don't need ups to tell me this.

Typical modern gatapo push of this whole "see something say something" ideology

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't need a video to show this to me. This is absolute common sense. I have personally physically asualted women beater off the clock when I was not even 18 after I saw him hit a woman in a public location. I waited for the police, explained what happens and was told I did the right thing and to be on my way. I don't need ups to tell me this.

Typical modern gatapo push of this whole "see something say something" ideology
I am confused at what your problem is then? You're upset because truckers against trafficking came to UPS to ask it's employees to be aware?

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Your center actually acknowledges ur messages? Wow!

barnyard

KTM rider
A couple of my HS classmates are involved with the organization and have been working to get UPS to do this for a couple of years. We are in a unique position in that we are in the same places/neighborhoods regularly and if we know what to look for, we can do some serious good.

This is a good thing and will save someone's life. It is just a matter of time.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I love you guys that criticize the company over anything. Company could deliver endless AIDS medication to African nations and you'd claim the greenhouse gases from delivering it will destroy the environment.

Get a hobby.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I love you guys that criticize the company over anything. Company could deliver endless AIDS medication to African nations and you'd claim the greenhouse gases from delivering it will destroy the environment.

Get a hobby.
Unfair and stupid comparison..as usual from management

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Get a hobby.
When you drive to work we need you to monitor speeding cars and call police... Give me a break. We do enough.. We would report anything bad just like you would.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
When you drive to work we need you to monitor speeding cars and call police... Give me a break. We do enough.. We would report anything bad just like you would.
Did I suggest you wouldn't? Nope. This is a program to help educate people on the signs, things you may not know what to look for.

American Airlines put their crew through this program last year and a flight attendant saved a girl who was being smuggled. She pointed out her training on it for her noticing.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Did I suggest you wouldn't? Nope. This is a program to help educate people on the signs, things you may not know what to look for.

American Airlines put their crew through this program last year and a flight attendant saved a girl who was being smuggled. She pointed out her training on it for her noticing.
Another program ? We can't even get air delivered on time much less our trucks loaded correctly. You think we have time for unpaid observations? Like I said, we don't need programs, we are good overworked people who wouldn't hesitate calling police.