UPSers.com next week

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I can't say what the aircraft mechanics do in Louisville, but the ones I have observed in the smaller gateways don't do anything most of the time. I guess you need them when there's a problem, but actual workload has to be the easiest I've seen in any hourly position as a norm. I've met quite a number of them over the years. The one's I’ve encountered don't necessarily seem to fit into the "brain surgeon" or "rocket scientist" category when it comes to intelligence. I'm not saying they're stupid, just not brilliant either.

Those working in Louisville are living a very high standard of living. Louisville is one of the least expensive districts to live in and their wages are at the top of the scale for the entire US.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Unfortunately for Airbus UPS figured out a long time ago that other then actual operations, everything else is just an expense. Mechanics all over the country have been a whipping post, where I work they have no current long term plans of keeping the body shops open. Word is that when they retire thats it. As far as your picket line experience, we say thanks. However regardless if the pilots were there and the mechanics were changing the oil in the planes, the foot solders shut UPS down.

Ditto!
This company is still making money hand over fist.
I'm tired of hearing anything to the contrary.
Accept no concessions.
We've got your back.
Now with these new managment cuts they can afford to pay you guys and if they cant maybe these cuts should go alot deeper. It seems to me that anyone who dosen't carry cardboard should take a pay cut except mechanics both airline and trucks and maintenance. I support you too like you have supported us thanks.

dragracer66

Two points:
1. Since you have a history of taking one little pieceof someone's post, allow me the same right... So now, you're saying that you're smarter than everyone in the Company that makes less than you??

2. Since you think that you are so much smarter than everyone, why did you overlook that working on airplanes is usually something done at night, on the weekends and holidays and it sometimes gets cold in the winter?
Where's all this education. Were you not trailer-schooled properly?

One last thing, I love the pathetic tone of how you supported the 97 strike and now you come off as such a nice guy just looking to be "understood". I wonder if part of the reason you wqorked without a contract for 4 years is due, in part, to your side not knowing how to negotiate in good faith? It gets to Mediation and then your chastised by the Mediator for the tantrums that were thrown.
Looking forward to more whinings looking for support.
You have yet to provide anything with creditability regarding th pay scales of SWA and FDX.
:thumbup: AMEN!!!!

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Ditto!
This company is still making money hand over fist.
I'm tired of hearing anything to the contrary.
Accept no concessions.
We've got your back.

do you realize if we continue down the path with out current costs, WE WILL NOT BE MAKING MONEY HAND OVER FIST. the gap in what a customer pays and what we make is SHRINKING EVERY DAY because of our labor costs.

there are some very dumb people on this board. dumb enough to not realize we pay more, more jobs get cut.

i remember when there were protests against my state government for a "living wage for all workers" that quickly lost momentum when they realized the state would have to cut about 20% of the workforce.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
do you realize if we continue down the path with out current costs, WE WILL NOT BE MAKING MONEY HAND OVER FIST. the gap in what a customer pays and what we make is SHRINKING EVERY DAY because of our labor costs.

there are some very dumb people on this board. dumb enough to not realize we pay more, more jobs get cut.

i remember when there were protests against my state government for a "living wage for all workers" that quickly lost momentum when they realized the state would have to cut about 20% of the workforce.
That's being addressed right now in the elimination of 18OO useless suits. When they realize how overdue this was, there will be more. Next round may very well be in the useless sales force we employ, who are lost without hourly participation. If I were you, I'd be worried.

Midwest96

Bubblehead, one of these days you will be in the same position as these 1800 people. Be nice and civil, we all need to try to get along in this increasingly difficult time and space.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubblehead, one of these days you will be in the same position as these 1800 people. Be nice and civil, we all need to try to get along in this increasingly difficult time and space.

In most instances I would say your right and that I was a little harsh.
But you obviously, being new, don't realize that I was replying in kind to UPSSalesGuy.
Go back and read his body of work, not just this thread, and maybe you will see where I was coming from.
Welcome to the Brown Cafe Midwest96.:peaceful:

airbusfxr

Bad news, the NMB caught word that UPS Distrit Mgr $#@@&* %@#$*&% was going to bypass the union and put the "last and final" offer out to the public. The company resended the email to the bosses but a copy or 2 did make it to the troops. The latest is that we will still have talks but one side wants a pay cut, the other fair raises. Well this thread can be closed due to the NMB shutting down the company's last and final.

Friends, next week on UPSers.com and AirUPSers.com, the company will post the "last and final" contract offer to members of Local2727. The contract enhancements, and I use that term loosely, has us taking a pay cut along with paying for health care and losing our 401k match. The company will not teminate us if we report them to the FAA for a violation under our "oath to safety before service commitment". The retro pay will be a signing bonus and does not come close to what we are owed for providing service since our contract has been expired. I am asking everyone to read the "last and final offer" and look at it from both sides. There is a copy of the letter on another forum and I cannot understand why the company is making it public going over our E-Board. We have voted 90% to strike if the company cannot provide us with fair wages for a fair days work. The NDA and Int products have made money to support the companies other businesses that have performed below profitable margins. In closing, I just want everyone to read and understand what the company is asking the smallest number work group that provides the largest profit percentage, to accept for their service commitements that provide worldwide service.

As a side note - Management has - paid for prescriptions for years, health benefits costs to the tune of 3000 dollar deductible annually, no raises 2009, no 401K match, limited to an annual pay raise averaging 3% and the list goes on.
Management isn't all that you guys think it is, there are very few management people that enjoy a large salary and great benefits. The days of "all management is the same" has been gone for years.

When you guys consider your offer, just realize that everyone is getting squeezed and the options for work elsewhere is very limited...

Good luck with the contract...

As a side note - Management has - paid for prescriptions for years, health benefits costs to the tune of 3000 dollar deductible annually, no raises 2009, no 401K match, limited to an annual pay raise averaging 3% and the list goes on.
Management isn't all that you guys think it is, there are very few management people that enjoy a large salary and great benefits. The days of "all management is the same" has been gone for years.

When you guys consider your offer, just realize that everyone is getting squeezed and the options for work elsewhere is very limited...

Just as we were free to choose our path through our career with the company so were the folks that went to management. I`m sure there are those who view our careers in driving as the wrong choice. Either way each of us is responsible for however our choices plan out.

upssup

So by this logic, if I keep the air freight cans and air trailers running I should be able to get in on this as well? Oh that's right I am just automotive I do not deserve it.

airbusfxr

I dont think we are going to need luck. We have a 90% strike vote and are willing to get a yearly raise, (like the IPA), get full retro (not a signing bonus), get free health care (like drivers and mechanics), and keep our 401k match(not give up like the sups), because we provide a valuable service commitment for UPS. We have less AMTs than FDX per plane, do more schelduled work than FDX, and have lost 10% of the work forces and are asked to do more. The problem is that some ground side people are just wanting us to lay down because they did. You must look in the mirror and ask "did I help the company or did the company help me?" Most ground side brothers and sisters understand that in '13 they will be asked to take a pay cut, pay for health care, and we will be there for them. Hoffa has already come through with the delayment of HC, he will come through for our drivers and workers in 2013. UPS is making money and with the reduction in redundant managers making double tee times, Scott Davis has finally taken control.

airbusfxr

So by this logic, if I keep the air freight cans and air trailers running I should be able to get in on this as well? Oh that's right I am just automotive I do not deserve it.
You should get your 401k match, but you voted to give it back. The difference is that I voted to keep mine. When UPS loses money I will be the first to give back to help the company stay in business. They are making money, pilots are getting 4% a year, MIP handed out freely, and NDA and INT is making money. These are my products, I am asking for a fair day pay for a fair days work.

Hubrat98

You should get your 401k match, but you voted to give it back. The difference is that I voted to keep mine. When UPS loses money I will be the first to give back to help the company stay in business. They are making money, pilots are getting 4% a year, MIP handed out freely, and NDA and INT is making money. These are my products, I am asking for a fair day pay for a fair days work.

When UPS loses money it won't be in business. It will be too late to give back.

I thought they were UPS' product. I guess you already forgot all the posts about how everyone along the line plays an important role. It just irks me when you say "my" products.

D

Dis-organized Labor

some ground side people are just wanting us to lay down because they did.

Last edited by a moderator: