Upstate/West NY Supplement .. the joke is on you

What'dyabringmetoday???

This is the first that I have heard about that----is it on Saturday?
No. And you won't hear anymore about it. Very sad that the membership of this local is not holding the BA accountable. Are you aware that he just gave himself ANOTHER $300/week raise? That is $30,000/year increase since 2010. I know you don't see eye-to-eye with me, but you may just wish you spent more time getting involved with the union and less on Brown Cafe. He is planning a meeting AFTER the ballots are mailed. Oh well...

smart girl

So why do you need them to hold a meeting? Get together, hand out pamphlets which explain problem with the TA, then organize a Vote No campaign. Go on Facebook to Vote No on UPS Contract forum and take the lead from others across the country. We are one brotherhood we take it to the streets if the leadership is inept.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So why do you need them to hold a meeting? Get together, hand out pamphlets which explain problem with the TA, then organize a Vote No campaign. Go on Facebook to Vote No on UPS Contract forum and take the lead from others across the country. We are one brotherhood we take it to the streets if the leadership is inept.

....or......I could secure a written copy of the contract and supplement, read it, form my own opinion and vote accordingly.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. And you won't hear anymore about it. Very sad that the membership of this local is not holding the BA accountable. Are you aware that he just gave himself ANOTHER $300/week raise? That is $30,000/year increase since 2010. I know you don't see eye-to-eye with me, but you may just wish you spent more time getting involved with the union and less on Brown Cafe. He is planning a meeting AFTER the ballots are mailed. Oh well...

Did not know about the raise----I don't have a problem with you---we just have differing opinions of the value of the union. The ballots aren't due in until 6/20 so as long as he doesn't wait until the last minute to have the meeting we should be fine.

A meeting should be held for these two reasons (and probably many more):

1. So the people that think their business agent would never screw over the membership on a contract can hear for themselves that they were indeed sold out

2. So those of us that already knew of the treacherous actions by those that were elected to represent us can be made to explain why they sold us out without a single gain.

By the way, the sell out supplement can be found here :

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]https://www.tdu.org/sites/default/files/UpstateNY-Supplement-Tentative.pdf[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Thank you TDU for the posting![/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]This tentative agreement (sellout) sucks, see for yourself. [/FONT]

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes I just went to teamsters.org. saw it burned up. Kearney needs to go back to the table. So embarrassing. Albany didn't save him.

It's on TDU--it was voted down primarily due to Albany, Syracuse and Buffalo. My local passed it by fewer than 10 votes.

I wonder if it was the 4x10 language.

That was one of the top three reasons. The classification seniority restrictions and the change of start time and bumping procedures also helped bury it. And now that there is time to organize and educate all affected members, it will never pass until these things are removed thanks to the big block voting barns.
I would love to know what you peeps in 687 thought was so good in this contract to sell out certain classifications at ups, or is it your love for sellout Hammond?