usa: 50% of 25 year olds living at home w/ parents, 30% of 30 year olds are living at home w parents

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The NeoCons have effectively killed-off the unions and middle class, and then they try and blame the liberals. RTW states, anti-union deals like the one FedEx has, and lots of $12-$14 per hour jobs with crap benefits are GOP paradise.
[/QUOTE]

The tactics used by FedEx in its campaign to keep FedEx Express’ ground transportation employees under the RLA – while aggressive and disingenuous – have not to date been unlawful. But the statement made by Sen. Kennedy(D) in the 1996 Congressional debate to restore the special exception for FedEx Express is as apt today as it was then:

Federal Express is notorious for its anti-union ideology, but there is no justification for Congress becoming an accomplice in its union-busting tactic.

The FedEx Corporation’s History of Opposing Unionization

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What percentage of the fleet uses biofuel...like 1%?
As of 2013 according to the Navy's Energy Coordination Office ,the Navy spends $4-$5 billion per year on the roughly 1.3 billion gallons of fuel. But fuel price swings can raise that cost by as much as $1 billion in any given year—forcing the Navy to cut back, sometimes very significantly, in critical areas.
Not an answer to the question.

rickyb

take one fact and then add your own negative conclusion.

I know two kids that meet your criteria. one moved in with mom and dad while he saves up to buy a house, the second broke up with his girl friend and is back home while he looks for another place to live.

I would also be curious to see how these numbers were arrived at . my kids in between college and job related moves kept our house as their primary mailing address even though they did not live here .
well thats an interesting point.

but the economy is garbage.

newfie

The NeoCons have effectively killed-off the unions and middle class, and then they try and blame the liberals. RTW states, anti-union deals like the one FedEx has, and lots of $12-$14 per hour jobs with crap benefits are GOP paradise.
[/QUOTE]

since you're calling everyone names you should also use something appropriate for your liberals maybe airheads? drama queens? Dependency creaters? tax thieves? race mongers? whatever fits

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You scabbing at a non-union company is helping to kill unions.

You willingness to work for less, and not fight to unionize is killing off unions.

Why are you working to kill of unions?

Are you a NeoCon?

brown bomber

brown bomber
If I recall correctly you postponed your retirement to help your daughters through school. While this is admirable, every financial adviser that I have ever talked to or heard/read have said that you should worry about yourself first and help out your kids, if possible.
The last day I worked at UPS was in 2009. I was on disability from 2009 - 2011, and officially retired in the fall of 2011. My youngest was still in high school,..my older daughter was in college, I could afford to help them, and they in turn helped themselves. It had no impact on my retirement...I'm living very comfortably....No debt, No mortgage. I'm fortunate to be able to help them out,...they are both successful in their field, and both currently in the market to by homes. I never postponed my retirement,..I was forced to retire based on the advice of my doctors........Once again your comments are incorrect

rickyb

to this we agree. but I think the world is different. kids today are not as worried about getting married and buying a house as they were when I was young.
probably because they have enough problems with just the basics like paying off student debt, getting a decent job

newfie

probably because they have enough problems with just the basics like paying off student debt, getting a decent job

problems that were also out there in the 90's. 80's 70's etc.
you need to point at something that is different now.

newfie

Student debt in the 70's, 80's and 90's was no where near what it is today. It has ballooned this century.

Says who? Obama just got done paying his off in 2004 .

Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago

if anything student debt was tougher to pay off then with the higher interest rates.

the biggest problem with student debt is not the debt but the fact that this crappy economy is not giving fresh college students the good paying jobs they need to pay the debt off.

rickyb

problems that were also out there in the 90's. 80's 70's etc.
you need to point at something that is different now.
more job market has gotten worse every decade, and student debts are much higher adjust for inflation than in those decades...even tho the society is far more productive and wealthy than it was then

newfie

more job market has gotten worse every decade, and student debts are much higher adjust for inflation than in those decades...even tho the society is far more productive and wealthy than it was then

too many Bernie sessions for you.