Vacation Weeks at 25 yrs

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
I am represented by IAM 698 and our Teamster local is 243. I believe our vacation earning schedule is the same. I was wondering if any locals have more or less vacation days than our locals. Also do any locals have paid sick days. To make it simple please reply with the max Vacation you can earn.
Ours maxes at 25 yrs with
1 option week at 50 hrs straight time pay
6 reg. weeks at 45 hrs. straight time pay
2 option days at 8 hrs straight per day
No sick days.

I am represented by IAM 698 and our Teamster local is 243. I believe our vacation earning schedule is the same. I was wondering if any locals have more or less vacation days than our locals. Also do any locals have paid sick days. To make it simple please reply with the max Vacation you can earn.
No sick days.
6 weeks vacation 5 sick and 5 person days paid at 8 hours

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No sick days.

6 weeks vacation at 45 hrs each
7 personal option days at 9 hrs each
3 sick days 8 hrs each, can rollover and accumulate up to 10, but they get cashed out at end of each contract.

542thruNthru

6 weeks vacation at 1/52 of what you made the year before.
1 option week
3 FHPs (floating holiday pay)
7 sick days can accumulate 60 days.

KoennenTiger

You only get two option days?!

My sick days are paid at 8.5 hours.

I'm not close to boomer age here I only know who the Beatles are because old men like to try to humble brag. I have seven option days I just got them renewed. PH days are option days for you right?

clean hairy

Southern is 6 weeks, 7 days which can be used as a week off, or, as individual option days.
Any of the 7 option days not used paid at end of year.
No sick days.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Southern is 6 weeks, 7 days which can be used as a week off, or, as individual option days.
Any of the 7 option days not used paid at end of year.
No sick days.
Correct. 6 weeks and 1 option week or 7 option days depending on what option you picked. They do not roll over.

MattM

SW max at 25:
6 Vacation weeks at 1/52 of prior anniversary yr
4 option days at 8hrs (also called floating holiday)
5 option wk days at 8hrs (also called personal days)
7 sick days at 8hrs ( they accumulate up to 60 days before they force you to cash them out. You must maintain 7 days In your bank).

PT Is pretty much the same But the hours are cut in half to 4 hrs.

Crazy to think a five year runt has nearly the same benefits as a 25 lifer. 3 weeks over a 20 year period is not a great end prize.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Ours maxes @ 30 years with 7 weeks of vacation, paid at 50 straight hours.
1 optional week, paid at 50 straight hours.
4 optional holidays, paid at 8 hours each.
0 sick days.

Part timers get paid at 25 hours for vacation weeks, and 4 hours for optional holidays.

Local 710.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
SW max at 25:
6 Vacation weeks at 1/52 of prior anniversary yr
4 option days at 8hrs (also called floating holiday)
5 option wk days at 8hrs (also called personal days)
7 sick days at 8hrs ( they accumulate up to 60 days before they force you to cash them out. You must maintain 7 days In your bank).

PT Is pretty much the same But the hours are cut in half to 4 hrs.

Crazy to think a five year runt has nearly the same benefits as a 25 lifer. 3 weeks over a 20 year period is not a great end prize.

SW varies by Local. At 104 it's the same except it's 5 personal holidays/option days not 4. Somehow we parlayed the Birthday & Anniversary days into a full week of option days back in the late 90's.

Grey

SW varies by Local. At 104 it's the same except it's 5 personal holidays/option days not 4. Somehow we parlayed the Birthday & Anniversary days into a full week of option days back in the late 90's.

Do you know the vacation progression for 104?

MattM

I'm reading bits of the contract now. I guess based on the # of drivers, each building or local is entitled to a different amount of minimum personal days. But I did see 104 and 631 have 5 and 5. I think every local is above the minimum threshold, which is nice for once.

It's funny but our vacation/time off forms all say five days. I have to scratch that out and make it four every year. I guess it's just a generic form.

Grey, I want to say it's pretty much the same everywhere
1 yr 1 week
3 yr 2 weeks
5 years 3 weeks
10 years 4 weeks
20 years 5 weeks
25 years 6 weeks

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm reading bits of the contract now. I guess based on the # of drivers, each building or local is entitled to a different amount of minimum personal days. But I did see 104 and 631 have 5 and 5. I think every local is above the minimum threshold, which is nice for once.

It's funny but our vacation/time off forms all say five days. I have to scratch that out and make it four every year. I guess it's just a generic form.

Grey, I want to say it's pretty much the same everywhere
1 yr 1 week
3 yr 2 weeks
5 years 3 weeks
10 years 4 weeks
20 years 5 weeks
25 years 6 weeks
we got 2 option weeks also.

they gave us the choice of combining the 4 option days with birthday to make the other option week. some drivers were getting almost a week off every month. no wonder they won't retire.