VANDETTA AGAISNT UPS VETERANS

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
At our building because the supervisor are being judged on turnover they refuse to get rid of part-time workers. I have a new loader virtually everyday as there are 2 people who are allowed to only one day a week so they won't quit.
that must suck.
You could be the worst loader in the world and still be ok if you show up every day and be consistantly bad.

GOAT/BESTSORTERALIVE

being on time in relation to what? starting time changes daily . the losers that only work a part time job , its easy to show up on time everyday no matter what the starting time is . For those of us with real jobs besides UPS , you cant expect me to show up when you decided to start my shift at 430 instead of 530 on some days . I witnessed a kid that had perfect attendance for over 4 years and got written up for being late by minutes one day. The kid quit just on the base of disrespect , and the Managers let him quit with smile on their face .

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
being on time in relation to what? starting time changes daily .

Being on time in relation to your starting time. I'll give you a piece of advice. Sometimes life is not fair.

the losers that only work a part time job ,

You're a self centered piece of work.

For those of us with real jobs besides UPS

I bet you are happy to accept the basically free insurance from this "unreal" job.

you cant expect me to show up when you decided to start my shift at 430 instead of 530 on some days

If your other job is interfering with this, management will usually make adjustments for you. It actually sounds like the other job is not the issue. It sounds like somebody just can't leave mommy's basement in time to get to work without being a few minutes late.

I witnessed a kid that had perfect attendance for over 4 years and got written up for being late by minutes one day.

I don't believe you. You cannot be written up for being late once.

The kid quit just on the base of disrespect ,

Typical of this #meetoo generation. They want everything handed to them and don't want to work for it. This kid got his feelings hurt and quit. Nice.

You're welcome to quit too.

GOAT/BESTSORTERALIVE

Being on time in relation to your starting time. I'll give you a piece of advice. Sometimes life is not fair.

You're a self centered piece of work.

I bet you are happy to accept the basically free insurance from this "unreal" job.

If your other job is interfering with this, management will usually make adjustments for you. It actually sounds like the other job is not the issue. It sounds like somebody just can't leave mommy's basement in time to get to work without being a few minutes late.

I don't believe you. You cannot be written up for being late once.

Typical of this #meetoo generation. They want everything handed to them and don't want to work for it. This kid got his feelings hurt and quit. Nice.

You're welcome to quit too.

yeah right lol , UPS doesnt allow to quit , they are like gym memberships

ski or die

Ski or Die
This has been going on every since they started wage progression. When you start approaching top rate, management gets a star for each one the can get rid of and start a new employee at the lower rate putting more money in the companies pocket. How do you think management earn the money for bonuses.

twoweeled

Seems obvious that management has declared open season on ups union members that have been with the company for a while . In my work area alone , about 7 workers of 5 years or more were force to resigned . I've been with the company for over 10 years , I have never witnessed the amount of new highers coming thru . I, also have been targeted by management over the past 2 seasons . I could be one second late and supervisors are writing me up and placing me on orders of dismissal . In my opinion , this strategy by management to get rid of the old workers to save in wages and benefits is counter productive . I have notice that the amount of missed sorts have increased dramatically and it takes the company longer to complete the loads on their respective shifts . I'm willing to bet that its costing ups more money to keep hiring hundreds of new workers a month that to keep the older workers employed .
I remember management telling us how much it cost them to train us and how much it cost them to get rid of us and replace us. I equate that to: "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you". Pure BS! Especially now that it takes so long to get to top pay! Combined with a new runner. Someone who will run for longer. Less injuries, probably less insurance cost. Better for worker comp, because you won't claim anything, for a long time.
I'm pretty sure, my car will be a lot smoother and more dependable, if I get a new one every 5 years.
You're damn right the company is going to take every opportunity to get rid of an older guy in exchange for a younger one. Center manager may not be too crazy about it, because he has to train him and deal with the teething issues for a new driver. But the bean counter at the top is, just fine with it!
Like the other guy said; don't make it easy for them!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Seems obvious that management has declared open season on ups union members that have been with the company for a while . In my work area alone , about 7 workers of 5 years or more were force to resigned . I've been with the company for over 10 years , I have never witnessed the amount of new highers coming thru . I, also have been targeted by management over the past 2 seasons . I could be one second late and supervisors are writing me up and placing me on orders of dismissal . In my opinion , this strategy by management to get rid of the old workers to save in wages and benefits is counter productive . I have notice that the amount of missed sorts have increased dramatically and it takes the company longer to complete the loads on their respective shifts . I'm willing to bet that its costing ups more money to keep hiring hundreds of new workers a month that to keep the older workers employed .
nobody can force you to resign.
weak people we don't need anyway.