Vehicles

Purplepackage

Management has no control over retiring trucks. That's the mechanics department. Replacement trucks are given to stations based on their station size, not how many drivers they have. This info came to me from the mechanic himself.

I’ve also heard this, sometimes a station near us will get a few new trucks and my station will trade with them for what we need.

Like they get 2 reaches so we trade them a sprinter for a reach etc

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Are ALL the reaches diesel powered? Having that def emission controls are a headache.

If they want to continue buying them, get the gasoline powerplant in them.

As far as sprinters, costs of parts are too much when compared to Ford transit or dodge promasters

Star B

White Lightening
Are ALL the reaches diesel powered? Having that def emission controls are a headache.
To the best of my knowledge, they are. Express would be smart to get it in a gas-powered version as the most problems we've seen with the reaches have been with high SPH routes and the DEF systems getting all knackered up because the inability to regen... Unless the courier just keeps the thing running and pulls the parking brake while it regens.

As far as sprinters, costs of parts are too much when compared to Ford transit or dodge promasters
If it was that bad of a cost difference, I would think they would be swapping them out with something difference, considering we have had them for at least 7 years now and we are still buying them. We should have some real data on TCO by now...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I recalled the rear brake pads job on a Ford transit... it was a mere $20

A set for a sprinter/ freightliner would be double or close to triple the price.

Granted, more vehicles are now in the states, so it should drive the price down some...

Purplepackage

To the best of my knowledge, they are. Express would be smart to get it in a gas-powered version as the most problems we've seen with the reaches have been with high SPH routes and the DEF systems getting all knackered up because the inability to regen... Unless the courier just keeps the thing running and pulls the parking brake while it regens.

If it was that bad of a cost difference, I would think they would be swapping them out with something difference, considering we have had them for at least 7 years now and we are still buying them. We should have some real data on TCO by now...

It’s funny because they only give reaches to heavy bulk/tight/city routes.

Turning a vehicle on and off 150 times and only driving 20 miles a day can’t be good for any vehicle

McFeely

Huge Member
I drive about 130 miles a day and do about 120 stops daily. My Reach is a total pile, but regens just fine. Only had a regen/exhaust issue once that I recall in the 135k miles that I’ve driven it.

All that being said, I hate the thing. Totally wish I could drive a w700 instead. Chicks dig Freightliners right?

Star B

White Lightening
Our regen issues were routes that did <80 miles a day and ~70 stops. They were swapped out for w700s and the ones that can't, just leave em running when regenning.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I’ve also heard this, sometimes a station near us will get a few new trucks and my station will trade with them for what we need.

Like they get 2 reaches so we trade them a sprinter for a reach etc

I knew a manager who got 3 new Sprinters (the older Freightliner ones, the ones before the MB models) and gave one away and traded the other 2 and got a crappy 700 and an even crappier Econoline. His reasoning was that they'd owe him a big favor in the future and that it'd look great on his review.

He believed that right up until he was demoted.

dex 84

I would like some new Sprinters. The ones we have are getting up there in miles. I mean, they still get the job done, but for how much longer?

Oldfart

We began getting new bobtrucks in the fall. We only run 3 bobtruck routes and they gave us 4 new trucks. We actually have a brand new truck as a spare. We don't have enough regular vans but we are good to go with bobtrucks.

Oldfart

Wrong...but it is nice to see that you are still shining shoes for management
Nice to see you are still clueless but maybe soon the light will come on. I helped shuttle our rentals back to Hertz right after peak. I had a printout as to which trucks to return and what trucks stayed. The printout was from our Director. Move along and leave the conversations to the adults.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nice to see you are still clueless but maybe soon the light will come on. I helped shuttle our rentals back to Hertz right after peak. I had a printout as to which trucks to return and what trucks stayed. The printout was from our Director.
I don’t believe that nonsense at all.

TNT Frosty

NZJjwoJ.jpg

I think I know where some of the new trucks for the fleet went... #ThanksPurple
(This is TNT, now owned by FedEx, replacing our fleet of trucks, and even building new depots down here to go with the surge in customer base.)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nice to see you are still clueless but maybe soon the light will come on. I helped shuttle our rentals back to Hertz right after peak. I had a printout as to which trucks to return and what trucks stayed. The printout was from our Director. Move along and leave the conversations to the adults.
Wrong. Like a director would even care about those small potatoes. They leave that kind of stuff to the managers because they have bigger fish to fry.

Stop making up stories unless you like wasting your own time because no one here believes anything you say anymore.

Loser.