Vehicles

Star B

White Lightening
We need a "STFU" or a "nobody cares" reaction to posts. Like an old pile of turds or something.
or just do what I did, there's a nice big button that sez "ignore". you can always "unignore" on a whim because any thread with ignored content will show "Show Ignored Content" on the bottom.

It won't remove them from the ignore list, just show it temporarily. It saves my sanity.

McFeely

Huge Member
Oh I know I can ignore him, but I find it more funny for him to get a reaction of some smelly turds to let him all know how our warm feelings for him.

overflowed

At my station we were one of the first to get electric trucks. When we were trained by the mechanics we were told they aren't to be used on hills because there is no parking gear. Just sits in neutral and you just set the brake. Well, we have very steep hills. In the infinite wisdom of fedex PR since we are such a "green" city they wanted them asap. Let's just say one of them decided to leave off a hill when the courier was delivering. After that no manager that even had a slight downgrade wanted any part of them. Have no idea if that has anything to do with sitting electric trucks in your area.

SmithBarney

She told us what a mechanic told her about trucks that are not on FedEx property. If trucks are sitting for that long without being used, someone is in deep doo.
This is true, we had one too many extra vehicles at my location, we had to make sure we used it at least once a week to keep it. It was different than the rest, and we did actually need it from time to time. Vehicles that go unused in the system will get flagged for relocation.

SmithBarney

At my station we were one of the first to get electric trucks. When we were trained by the mechanics we were told they aren't to be used on hills because there is no parking gear. Just sits in neutral and you just set the brake. Well, we have very steep hills. In the infinite wisdom of fedex PR since we are such a "green" city they wanted them asap. Let's just say one of them decided to leave off a hill when the courier was delivering. After that no manager that even had a slight downgrade wanted any part of them. Have no idea if that has anything to do with sitting electric trucks in your area.
Probably part of a recall / retrofitment of better parking system if that's the case. Who makes them I bet you could find info.

TNT Frosty

So, I've heard noise that new vehicles are starting to come in. Does anyone have any Mercedes City vans (non-Sprinters?)

we got our versions of them here, ill see about taking pictures of them, both the boxed version, and the van type (guess you call it a box as well, just looks more van, then a cross breed)

Star B

White Lightening
we got our versions of them here, ill see about taking pictures of them, both the boxed version, and the van type (guess you call it a box as well, just looks more van, then a cross breed)
I dug around the internet and found what we are getting, so I don't need recon. Thanks!

GrimmTech

Hold the person that decides what station gets what number of vans. That person sure isn't the station managers.

That is like holding station managers responsible for the lack of raises.
You are correct sir, station managers have absolutely no say in it. As for that I can atest to. As for that matter I’ll go one step further neither do Sr.’s. I have said till I’m blue in face what an utter joke we look like to employees when we have no trucks for them and people sitting around doing nothing but waiting on trucks. Mechanics who can’t keep simple parts instock but have to request to order parts. Ours have resorted to pulling parts off of retired trucks to make repairs. No more rentals has come down the chain ,without a Direct ok from MD. So every week we get 3-4 rentals keep for 4-5days take back per Sr,per MD ,then we turn around next week and do it again. I can deal with call ins, and the normal scramble but this has me in the IDGAF mentality lately. How can we as a station succeed when we aren’t given the tools that we need to? Do you put a baseball team into the game and say okay here’s your players , here’s the ball, here’s your gloves and oh btw no baseball bat?

Oldfart

You are correct sir, station managers have absolutely no say in it. As for that I can atest to. As for that matter I’ll go one step further neither do Sr.’s. I have said till I’m blue in face what an utter joke we look like to employees when we have no trucks for them and people sitting around doing nothing but waiting on trucks. Mechanics who can’t keep simple parts instock but have to request to order parts. Ours have resorted to pulling parts off of retired trucks to make repairs. No more rentals has come down the chain ,without a Direct ok from MD. So every week we get 3-4 rentals keep for 4-5days take back per Sr,per MD ,then we turn around next week and do it again. I can deal with call ins, and the normal scramble but this has me in the IDGAF mentality lately. How can we as a station succeed when we aren’t given the tools that we need to? Do you put a baseball team into the game and say okay here’s your players , here’s the ball, here’s your gloves and oh btw no baseball bat?

Gee cactus. Looks like the MD does have some control over rentals. Looks like I was right and you were wrong. Again.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gee cactus. Looks like the MD does have some control over rentals. Looks like I was right and you were wrong. Again.
Well your MD must have a whopping 2 or 3 stations under their belt. Our MD had close to 30. Do you really think they have time for that kinda’ Mickey Mouse crap?