Vehicles

Oldfart

Wrong. Like a director would even care about those small potatoes. They leave that kind of stuff to the managers because they have bigger fish to fry.

Stop making up stories unless you like wasting your own time because no one here believes anything you say anymore.

Loser.
How is that White Castle gig going these days?

TNT Frosty

May i ask.. what are the ranges of make and model trucks FedEx in the US have running about? (Not including TUGs), possible with pictures?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
May i ask.. what are the ranges of make and model trucks FedEx in the US have running about? (Not including TUGs), possible with pictures?

Well many of our actual trucks are Freightliner Cascadias and they look very similar to this, ya see.
CC6BF873-C4F4-43AF-B5EA-11C0B367C766.jpeg

HedleyLamarr

I was told by a SM that Express had to scale back on Sprinter purchases this past year as Mercedes was charging 5k more per vehicle than FDX was expecting. Instead of buying the planned 17,000 units, they bought 12,000 instead.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I was told by a SM that Express had to scale back on Sprinter purchases this past year as Mercedes was charging 5k more per vehicle than FDX was expecting. Instead of buying the planned 17,000 units, they bought 12,000 instead.
Did the math. For that to be accurate, FedEx would have to be paying $24k per Sprinter.

Sounds low for a Sprinter...

outtatime

Did the math. For that to be accurate, FedEx would have to be paying $24k per Sprinter.

Sounds low for a Sprinter...
When you're buying 17K at once I would think you'd get a substantial discount. Even at $24k per vehicle, Mercedes is still making money on them.

SmithBarney

Are ALL the reaches diesel powered? Having that def emission controls are a headache.

If they want to continue buying them, get the gasoline powerplant in them.

As far as sprinters, costs of parts are too much when compared to Ford transit or dodge promasters

Yes, but the Sprinter will outlast the Transit or Dodge. You'll put 200,000 miles on the sprinter before MAJOR repairs.
our "rental" Transits and Promasters this peak with less than 100K were in rough shape already, and they are only rentals not usually being rented for 100+stops and starts a day.

Star B

White Lightening
So, I've heard noise that new vehicles are starting to come in. Does anyone have any Mercedes City vans (non-Sprinters?)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Maybe someone else from that area could follow up and tell us real reason those trucks are sitting.
Lol. I had heard about those trucks sitting months ago from the mechanic in my building. I think I posted about it previously and you told me I was lying. I happened to be out that way yesterday and saw them for myself. Believe what you want.

Oldfart

Lol. I had heard about those trucks sitting months ago from the mechanic in my building. I think I posted about it previously and you told me I was lying. I happened to be out that way yesterday and saw them for myself. Believe what you want.
Just like George Costanza said. If you believe it, it's not a lie.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Are they parked at a FedEx station or somewhere else?