Vintage Shipping Books

zoomerica

I am trying to tell and show the people in shipping department about the old hand log books we use to have to use in the 80-90s prior to worldship. They can't understand how it used to be with those little tape labels you would put on the parcel and the triplicate page our driver took...

Any help from the more, um , vintage drivers would be cool...looking for pics etc.

Thanks to you all, I know all days aren't great, but there are those of us out there that view our driver as a part of our team...we take good care of ours, I know that!!

I am trying to tell and show the people in shipping department about the old hand log books we use to have to use in the 80-90s prior to worldship. They can't understand how it used to be with those little tape labels you would put on the parcel and the triplicate page our driver took...

Any help from the more, um , vintage drivers would be cool...looking for pics etc.

Thanks to you all, I know all days aren't great, but there are those of us out there that view our driver as a part of our team...we take good care of ours, I know that!!
The original ones didn't have any sticky labels. They had 15 lines where your write out the entire address and you had a ink stamp with your shipper number that you stamped the packages with.

Then later on after DIAD came out they had shipping books with barcode stickers that you out on the packages. Very cost ineffective

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Yep, we had the small 15 line book with carbon sheets. Had to hand write the full address on that tiny little line. Almost all were illegible, lol. No stickers because there was no tracking for ground. 6 digit stamp with shippers number and small box for hand written weight.

Any air had the tracking labels that were perforated so you'd stick your pen in the hole and remove the label. You'd hand write the time of delivery on your 50 liner...suprisingly, I NEVER had late air...lol. Then when you turned in your 50 liners at night, you'd rubber band the tracking labels in a bundle and turn them in. High tech tracking there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The original ones didn't have any sticky labels. They had 15 lines where your write out the entire address and you had a ink stamp with your shipper number that you stamped the packages with.

Then later on after DIAD came out they had shipping books with barcode stickers that you out on the packages. Very cost ineffective
I still have one customer that uses the book

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

@rod had a horse and an old quill pen with an ink well, he is older then us all

bumped

I have quite a few customers that's till use the book. I encourage it, because I don't want them to go to a smart pickup. That's the easiest pickup or deliveries I get.