Visiting Memphis, but Not for FedEx

Oldfart

Sure. Beyond great bbq and some nice people Memphis is the armpit of the South. I miss some of the friends I have there, but when I was 26 couldn't wait to leave. Best friends I ever had, and all of them from other places. No wonder the Blues big there. Even Elvis was from somewhere else. And when I think Memphis these days can't help but think of FedEx.
Fedex is just embedded into your brain. You obsess over it and it must keep you up at night if you can't think of a city without thinking of Fedex.

Time to concentrate on the NC/Butler game. This place is rocking.

vantexan

Fedex is just embedded into your brain. You obsess over it and it must keep you up at night if you can't think of a city without thinking of Fedex.

Time to concentrate on the NC/Butler game. This place is rocking.
If you work at FedEx for any length of time you associate Memphis with it. Unless you live in Hooterville. Then you'd say that's whar cuzzin Cletus lives...

Oldfart

If you work at FedEx for any length of time you associate Memphis with it. Unless you live in Hooterville. Then you'd say that's whar cuzzin Cletus lives...
I have worked there a couple of years. I don't think about it being in Memphis except on my paystub.

It is a job. Don't let it be your identity.

vantexan

I have worked there a couple of years. I don't think about it being in Memphis except on my paystub.

It is a job. Don't let it be your identity.
Detroit is GM, Seattle is Boeing, St.Louis is Anheuser-Busch, and Memphis is FedEx. See how that works?