Volume up from..

fres431

Any other hubs or areas that are seeing increase in volume this year compared to same time last year? My building is up aprox 11%. We are training new drivers however the on road sups are failing to take them out for sight and vis. I foresee the same problem ups had last year drivers out if hours Thursday nights when they clock out and the. The volume starts to roll..just curious if other buildings are seeing this increase..

Sent using BrownCafe App

Any other hubs or areas that are seeing increase in volume this year compared to same time last year? My building is up aprox 11%. We are training new drivers however the on road sups are failing to take them out for sight and vis. I foresee the same problem ups had last year drivers out if hours Thursday nights when they clock out and the. The volume starts to roll..just curious if other buildings are seeing this increase..

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yep and it's only going to get heavier.

9.5er

Nope. Same routes still cut. No new drivers put on in my center. We did get 2 temp drivers in June but they haven't worked in a few weeks.
Same crap different day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If your a driver ya have a feel for stop count and pieces on your truck..
Sent using BrownCafe App
Doesn't mean volume is up though--just that the dispatch is. You can tell when some business stops have more pieces or when more houses on a street have stops but for the resi that can also be more surepost being pulled into the load.

Future

Victory Ride

Sent using BrownCafe App
I would say yes....I dont think UPS will go bankrupt for a few years lol

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our center manager mentioned the other day volume is up 13% so far from this time last year. It wasnt that long ago July and August were the slowest months of the year,and many drivers would take a day or two off EVERY week,but that is long gone.

fres431

I know volume is up no dispatch cutting routes preload is running 4 to 7k pieces heavier every day..just was curious if this across the country or is it just California

Sent using BrownCafe App

llamainmypocket

Sent using BrownCafe App

The flow of business will tend to trace the dow jones industrial and transportation indexes. UPS volume is up nationally on national growth. I used to be a trader.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How would you explain Amazon? Their volume is through the roof yet they continue to lose money.

Resident know-it-all.
etailers continue to see increases in revenue and are projected to for a long time to come as more and more people get online and embrace e-commerce so even with its horrible management Amazon will continue to have ridiculous revenue and little profit.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Doesn't mean volume is up though--just that the dispatch is. You can tell when some business stops have more pieces or when more houses on a street have stops but for the resi that can also be more surepost being pulled into the load.
Its called these sketchballs holding volume and loads whenever they feel like it. They've been doing it for years partner lol.

barnyard

KTM rider
The flow of business will tend to trace the dow jones industrial and transportation indexes. UPS volume is up nationally on national growth. I used to be a trader.

It used to be that traders/economists also followed UPS' package volume as an indicator of the strength or weakness of the economy.

jbg77

Our volume is definitely up. The drivers are getting crazy ot but no new ft jobs. Im in my 3rd year and start time on mondays 3 years ago was 515, today it was 420. Weve been busy since peak

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You are all imagining volume increases. For 30 years they have been telling me volume is down especially during contract years and we all know they would never lie about that.