Volume up from..

Waste Manager

The e-tailers have created a ''Christmas in July'' shopping spree..bricks and mortar stores have done that for eons..since people are all at the beach,and not in stores shopping..now,people are at the beach..shopping..

worldwide

Any other hubs or areas that are seeing increase in volume this year compared to same time last year? My building is up aprox 11%. We are training new drivers however the on road sups are failing to take them out for sight and vis. I foresee the same problem ups had last year drivers out if hours Thursday nights when they clock out and the. The volume starts to roll..just curious if other buildings are seeing this increase..

Sent using BrownCafe App

E-Commerce Drives UPS 2Q Shipments Up 7.2 Percent, UPS 2Q EPS Increases 7.1 Percent

Daily package volume improved 7.4%, led by gains in UPS Ground and Deferred up 8.1% and 5.4%, respectively

Ground product growth was driven primarily by lightweight e-commerce shipments. UPS SurePost shipments increased more than 60% over the prior year period and accounted for about half of the total growth.

On a reported basis, operating profit declined 82% to $209 million as a result of the post-retirement liability transfer previously mentioned.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
E-Commerce Drives UPS 2Q Shipments Up 7.2 Percent, UPS 2Q EPS Increases 7.1 Percent

Daily package volume improved 7.4%, led by gains in UPS Ground and Deferred up 8.1% and 5.4%, respectively

Ground product growth was driven primarily by lightweight e-commerce shipments. UPS SurePost shipments increased more than 60% over the prior year period and accounted for about half of the total growth.

On a reported basis, operating profit declined 82% to $209 million as a result of the post-retirement liability transfer previously mentioned.
Sounds like they can't use the excuse that FedEx is taking all of the volume anymore...ground is up 8% now they have no reason to not run some more routes.

Overpaid Union Thug

Sheesh!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep..more sure post just means more work for the post office...growing jobs over there...and we get a few crumbs thrown back our way. I know ups had to have a service to match FedEx but imo ups has totally abused this program!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep..more sure post just means more work for the post office...growing jobs over there...and we get a few crumbs thrown back our way. I know ups had to have a service to match FedEx but imo ups has totally abused this program!!
Has anyone read the new contract?

Brownslave688

The amount of work we'll keep from Surepost will be nothing more than a pin prick. It will barely even put a dent in the piles of bags we drop off there. The dimensions required to keep them are too high. Three cubic feet is a joke.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ill take that as a no you haven't read it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I still see the mailman coming to skyscrapers I deliver to with a big cart of surepost he is delivering and it doesn't get any denser than the city and surepost is only supposed to be residential.

Brownslave688

I still see the mailman coming to skyscrapers I deliver to with a big cart of surepost he is delivering and it doesn't get any denser than the city and surepost is only supposed to be residential.
File on that. That's your work. I agree I'm interested to see how well their system handles the close proximity language.

Virtually all surepost in towns with over 10-15k ppl should be diverted back.

I have a bulk stop. I used to deliver 75 -100 a day. now I get. 30-40 a day. and the mailman deliver. 40- 50 Sureposts a day!

OptimusPrime

Sure post has gotten ridiculous here. It's to the point the bid route guys can't do it. It's just too much. One day I took a truck that was blown out with 450-500 pieces. That was two stops.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The e-tailers have created a ''Christmas in July'' shopping spree..bricks and mortar stores have done that for eons..since people are all at the beach,and not in stores shopping..now,people are at the beach..shopping..
Christmas in July. Limited release.
image.jpg
image.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sure post has gotten ridiculous here. It's to the point the bid route guys can't do it. It's just too much. One day I took a truck that was blown out with 450-500 pieces. That was two stops.
Yeah surepost is cannibalizing our ground, but they tell the Union that it's work we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Bs

Overpaid Union Thug

Ill take that as a no you haven't read it.
I've read it and re-read it. The language simply won't produce the amount of work that some thinks it will. Some heavy resi areas might see a decent spike in volume but not enough to get too excited about. Adding even just one route would be a plus but our cubical dwelling metrics slaves are very good at figuring out a way to bust up one route and make sure the work is absorbed by the rest and pretending like it never existed.

The negotiators (union side of course) should have firmly pressed for dimensions LESS than three cubic feet instead of greater than to determine whether or not they are retained from SurePost. How small? I don't know but demanding anything that is classified as a small might have been a stretch but hey.......it's supposed to be our work. The only thing we can all shoot for now is making sure that we are getting what is supposed to be held from SurePost.