Volume Up or Down with Covid19 ???

Scuderia

In my city my center is at peak level, but my friend at another building is finishing at 12:30. I work in the poor part of town, he works in the rich part of town. Strange dynamic there.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We're way up. Most of my businesses are still open, though volume is lower, and only one of my pick ups shut down. I'm running about 15 -20% more stops over all.

I've said before, with the new fees on packages over 50 lbs, I pick up more than enough of those every day to cover my compensation costs. Everything else I do is money in the company's pocket.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So I see the USPS is saying without Money from the gov. they will go under.
Just read that FedX is taking out a Loan and cut CEO pay.

In my building the Volume seems to be the same or a tad bit higher.

We actually have had an increase in Surepost..............

How is it for your Building or UPS in general???
In our RI building, it is Covid Peak!

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
We are running a constant near peak to low peak volume. From an automotive perspective They are beating us up to get redtags back, not letting us fix anything, and this is the time of year I usually try to fix some of these turds so I can have a chance on a smooth peak the following year.

Ptrunner

In our building last week we were really light. Now we are taking 8-10 more amazon loads which we are now understaffed and starting early and ending later. Thanks UPS. I’m working through this piece our area isn’t packed with covid yet. Our peak for county is June and I’ll save my call ins for then.

WannaBeFeeder

In our building last week we were really light. Now we are taking 8-10 more amazon loads which we are now understaffed and starting early and ending later. Thanks UPS. I’m working through this piece our area isn’t packed with covid yet. Our peak for county is June and I’ll save my call ins for then.
Is this Grand Rapids ? I just saw 3 pkg cars heading to Clyde park around 8pm

Thead Shi

Almost peak volume around here, which honestly isn't too bad considering almost all is easy residential and with the nice weather its more enjoyable. All this overtime is gonna get me a new driveway so bring it on, even bumped the low guy to work his saturday.

I thought that once the stimulus came people may realize they need to save this money but after I sobered up the next day I laughed that idea off. And with the rumor wal-mart is going to tape off the non essential isles in their stores I'm sure its only gonna get worse. Just waiting for those flyers the boss gives asking if we know anybody who wants to join our fun delivery environment as seasonal helper!

Delivery!!!

Our building is definitely up even with non essential businesses closed. I was actually wondering while delivering today how this will effect people's shopping habits after this is all over. This has to give e commerce a permanent boost with new online shoppers and people finding other items they didn't realize they could get online.

Dumbo

Still busy here. I agree that more resi volume will be the new norm. Even in a poor economy people still need stuff,and home delivery just got a permanent boost. In the next few weeks when people start getting stimulus checks it will skyrocket like peak season. Noticed how that layoffs thread died off. I think it's busy for most of us.