Volume Up or Down with Covid19 ???

tramtwo

So an increase in low or negative profit packages and packages per stop!

UPS will be borrowing soon ... whether in bonds or from US National government is the question.

I wonder what the fuel savings are... and all the work the government's throwing their way .... I bet its a push.

Scuderia

I wouldn’t mind the extra volume, except my center isn’t really doing anything to accommodate it. They’re getting drivers from another center to use as helpers. They’re not renting any trucks. No PVDs, no seasonal drivers. Just trying to get by on bare minimum effort. An air driver helper isn’t gonna do much with 330 stops loaded like crap, so every stop is a 5 minute hide and seek game.

Dr.Brownz

We're way up. Most of my businesses are still open, though volume is lower, and only one of my pick ups shut down. I'm running about 15 -20% more stops over all.

I've said before, with the new fees on packages over 50 lbs, I pick up more than enough of those every day to cover my compensation costs. Everything else I do is money in the company's pocket.

I was thinking I've seen alot of 48 and 49 lb packages lately

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was thinking I've seen alot of 48 and 49 lb packages lately

One of my shippers did that. They first started shipping more through fedex after the new fees. But either they upped their fees too, or Big Brown is just that much better. They started shipping more through us again, but rearranged their packing to keep them under 50 lbs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of my shippers did that. They first started shipping more through fedex after the new fees. But either they upped their fees too, or Big Brown is just that much better. They started shipping more through us again, but rearranged their packing to keep them under 50 lbs.

Yes, FedEx matched our oversize surcharge increases.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Our volume is all over the place. One day it will be peak level, the next it drops off and they send guys home while the big regional hubs play catch up. Our business heavy and industrial routes are pretty light. Country/resi routes are a whole different story.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’ve been 40 stops over normal dispatch for the past month. It’s like peak. They’ve been trying to get full timers to do six day punches. I started noticing the past few days the target boxes outnumbering the amazon ones.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
This week so far way up!! Must be the Stay at Home and the Stimulus Checks, plus unemployment and $600 a week extra..... Order order order
112,000 went thru today with e reg out the wazoo. This facility on a regular day is 70 to 80 thousand. Saw a nice traeger grill . I want one

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I fully support you @Turdferguson in whatever you are getting at ... and hopefully, one day, I will understand.

Turd_Fergusan1.jpg