Voluntary Ignore List

rod

Retired 22 years
I just put about 20 members on my "Ignore" list and I'm looking forward to a better experience on Brown Cafe.

Perhaps some others should consider this alternative to improve their Brown Cafe experience.

Members of the Romper Room Club and the Hyena Attack Club are on my Ignore list.

Personally I would think that doing this would make Brown Cafe about as exciting as watching paint dry but to each their own I guess. I can't understand why some take what is posted on an internet web site so personal. I look at it as everyone on here is a figamant of their own imagination who live out their alter egos hiding behind a computer screen. Every one except me that is. I'm the real deal.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Personally I would think that doing this would make Brown Cafe about as exciting as watching paint dry but to each their own I guess. I can't understand why some take what is posted on an internet web site so personal. I look at it as everyone on here is a figamant of their own imagination who live out their alter egos hiding behind a computer screen. Every one except me that is. I'm the real deal.
When I came to Brown Cafe, I did so to get information about pickups from the people actually making them.
Along the way, I liked the site and made quite a few virtual friends along the way.
One of the beliefs I have used in my real life and offered as advice to others is that "You can't choose family but you can choose friends."
It's as simple as that ... using my own advice.

icu

for who you are !
Reduces stress
Reduces contact with insincere people
Reduces contact with dipsticks
Reduces contact with adzholes
Reduces contact with immature jerks
Reduces contact with jerks
Reduces contact with you

Thanks for reminding me.
Have a nice life.

Your very welcome. Hide all you like, but ICU !

Pkgcar1988

Does anyone really, I mean REALLY care if you are on someone's ignore list. I'm relatively new here but enjoy reading other members post and even the ocassional uprisings but if I don't like what someone said or didn't say I just don't respond. There is one particular member that really gets to me but I just disagree with him (on almost everything he post),but no real reason to put on ignore list.(YET)

bbsam

Staff member
Has anybody noticed how many threads we have here where we can come to discuss how best to ignore one another? Priceless and weird.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does anyone really, I mean REALLY care if you are on someone's ignore list. I'm relatively new here but enjoy reading other members post and even the ocassional uprisings but if I don't like what someone said or didn't say I just don't respond. There is one particular member that really gets to me but I just disagree with him (on almost everything he post),but no real reason to put on ignore list.(YET)
Why don't you let me get 10 or so goofballs to follow you around here and harass you all the time.
You might change your mind.

But I respect your opinion.
If that floats your boat then do it.
This is what floats my boat so I do it.
Quit being so intolerant! :happy-very:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hmmm....can't imagine who that member could be! And no, most people don't care if they're ignored....I know I don't. What I do have an issue with is the game currently being played with several BC members, myself included. Hopefully, Cheryl will be able to get to the bottom of it.

icu

for who you are !
Why don't you let me get 10 or so goofballs to follow you around here and harass you all the time.

You are way too full of yourself. Your lucky we are so tolerant.

blkmamba

How can you moderate people if you added them to your "ignore list". I thought moderators had to work for the greater good of BC and sort through all the crap. However, did your job become easier, sorta like a retirement in a sense?

Marne Vet

Why in the hell would anybody put anyone on the ignore list. Judge not....

The same way I would walk away from any clown in a group setting that was annoying me. I'm not gonna stand there and listen to them, so why would I constantly read annoying crap posted by annoying people? The only problem with the Ignore List/feature, is that the user can't control who sees what they post. If I want to ignore someone I don't even want that dope to have the privilege of reading what I have to say. That's ignoring them. Hopefully the powers that be [here] will implement such a user oriented ignore feature and we can finally show these constant asshats what it's like to be left-out of conversations. If they came [here] and couldn't participate in threads because they were deemed a nuisance, they'd get the message really quick. Clean up your act or just leave. .02

barnyard

KTM rider
I get what you are saying Marne V, but it does not matter if a person on your ignore list comments on your stuff. You will not see it. You will not see it in quotes either, if another user quotes them, you do not see that post either. You do not see topics they start. The only way you know they exist is if others post to them, mentioning their name and not quoting their post.

The ignore function with this software is very, very robust. I would even go to say it is impressive.

As far as moderating..... if someone hits the alert button, I can read that alert in the comfort in of the mod lounge. I can click the link and read the alerted post. There is also a button at the bottom of every forum that I can click "see ignored content" I click that and all comes up. If I am in a thread, at the bottom of each page is a button, "see ignored content" I can click that and see it.

The only thing that I cannot do is message a member I have on ignore. Messages are now 'conversations.' I cannot start a conversation with an ignored member, as their replies would be invisible to me.

There are plenty of mods here, including some that refuse to ignore members. If the alert button is hit, a mod squad member can do what needs to be done. The only thing that I cannot do is act as a mod on an ignored member before a button is pressed.

The point that everyone seems to be forgetting is that this is Cheryl's place. We should all be acting as if we were sitting in her living room. It is really that simple.

Pkgcar1988

Hmmm....can't imagine who that member could be! And no, most people don't care if they're ignored....I know I don't. What I do have an issue with is the game currently being played with several BC members, myself included. Hopefully, Cheryl will be able to get to the bottom of it.
I'll bet u can't guess. But now we are working on 2 people.LOL