Voluntary Ignore List

Marne Vet

Restraint may have been a better word, as you pointed out earlier.
That part of my post was intended for a different target and obviously missed its mark?
I'm pretty sure I quoted somebody else's post?

I didn't see the quote, which means whoever it was I have blocked. (Assuming)
The reason I utilize the Ignore feature is to keep from breaking the TOS, and it helps restrain me from firing back at some of the people that have taken a personal interest in pushing my buttons. I can't just take these labias outside and grass drill them till they learn a little common sense and respect for others, so on [here] I try to keep it as civil as possible. Must be my Irish blood that has a very low boiling point.

gingerkat

Man, I must start taking screen shots for "proof" that certain things are removed just for disagreeing with higher authority figures. Nothing to do with how things are run by cheryl or behind the scenes, because how could any of us "regular" members actually know what happens behind closed door?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Reduces stress
Reduces contact with insincere people
Reduces contact with dipsticks
Reduces contact with adzholes
Reduces contact with immature jerks
Reduces contact with jerks
Reduces contact with you

Thanks for reminding me.
Have a nice life.

I can do all of those things simply by choosing not to respond to members whom I find annoying or obnoxious. I dont need my computer to do the ignoring for me. Plus, Im not smart enough to figure out how to set an ignore list up in the first place :-)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can do all of those things simply by choosing not to respond to members whom I find annoying or obnoxious. I dont need my computer to do the ignoring for me. Plus, Im not smart enough to figure out how to set an ignore list up in the first place :-)
As I posted before, if that works for you then go for it.
It was not working for me and if I don't read it, I don't feel compelled to defend Cheryl against the hyenas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is working out great ... spent half-hour editing some pictures and then checked on BC and this is what greeted me:
All posts are by ignored members so nothing to read ... cool!

Ignore new posts list.jpg

kingOFchester

I came to BC to get information about my new employer in 2007. Got a lot of great information here.

I continued to come to Brown to discuss issues that arise at Brown and to share war stories.

I enjoyed most of my time here at BC.

I give my wife a hard time for watching the Kardashians and unfortunately at this point in time BC is more like watching an episode of The Kardashians then anything else. I am not leaving BC, may still post now and again, but it is no longer my go to website.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watch the Kardashians too....it's like a train wreck.

Ask your wife if she thinks Bruce is really getting a sex change to become Bridgette. He's already had the Adam's apple shaved.

rod

Retired 22 years
I came to BC to get information about my new employer in 2007. Got a lot of great information here.

I continued to come to Brown to discuss issues that arise at Brown and to share war stories.

I give my wife a hard time for watching the Kardashians and unfortunately at this point in time BC is more like watching an episode of The Kardashians then anything else. I am not leaving BC, may still post now and again, but it is no longer my go to website.

I never thought of it that way but you are right---this place is like a reality tv show and should be view just like one-----for entertainment value only----not to be taken seriously.

blkmamba

I never thought of it that way but you are right---this place is like a reality tv show and should be view just like one-----for entertainment value only----not to be taken seriously.
Especially when 99% of us really do not know each other. Will I lose sleep over an internet bully? No, because most people who act tough on here or the internet in general would never say that to the person if they were standing in the same room. Everyone can be tough while typing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I realized I had not seen you in a while and wondered where you had gone.
Good to see you again.

bbsam

Staff member
Especially when 99% of us really do not know each other. Will I lose sleep over an internet bully? No, because most people who act tough on here or the internet in general would never say that to the person if they were standing in the same room. Everyone can be tough while typing.
I don't know. I've always thought that I'd say in person anything id type here because most actual fights never happen anyway and the most of the ones that do are a bunch of bluster and little real action. Besides, could you imagine the court scene when the judge at the assault trial hears that the defendant went on the attack because somebody said mean things to them?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What if other members posted before the ignored member, then you are ignoring them too.
Could be but the next time I come into the thread since I have preferences set up to go to first unread post, I will see them then. So latency could be an issue.