Voting bonus out!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bonus babies like to brag they make bonus because of how hard or efficiently they work. Really it is all about route allowances and some routes you can easily make bonus with little effort while others you will always be over allow no matter how hard you work. If a center has too many drivers making big bonus money they will tighten the allowances. They might leave a couple alone as a teaser and to create dissension. I worked in both bonus and non bonus centers and the allowances were definitely tighter in a bonus center. Also, in the bonus center it was an atmosphere of every man for himself instead of drivers working together to get the job done.

My Local voted out bonus years ago.

The Local, Stewards, and even the company.... got tired of policing it.

To many issues with honesty, integrity, and customer complaints.

Yep, can't have individual achievement and accountability.

That happens everyday.

It's just in a different "realm" than management.

-Bug-

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Yep, can't have individual achievement and accountability.

With all the systems UPS now uses, it's impossible to avoid individual accountability. Bogus Bonus is the one area that I know of that creates more fallout and disharmony in the driver group than any other. When I can do a route leisurely, take all my breaks, chat with a customer or two and get paid an extra half hour $$$, it brainwashes me to believe I'm doing the job correctly. Then I do the route next door with a poor allowance, can't Bogus Bonus, unless I skip breaks and lunch, I'm brainwashed to believe I'm doing it all wrong. Yet my methods are the same on both routes. UPS pretends to be fair and even. Any driver with a few years in knows the allowances are as far off as Orion is, and as the Preload is as well.

Overpaid Union Thug

I get 5 hours of bonus a week, paid at time and half, don't run or skip lunch. In fact the more lunch you take the more bonus you get. Have to follow methods and running isn't one of them. Work my ass off, don't talk to customers longer than a minute if I can avoid it without being rude.
If you are getting 5 hours of bonus every week and following the methods then that means your allowances are too fat. IE will eventually fix that.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
My center absorbed a route from a neighboring town. At first there was a -3.0 hour bonus on it upon arrival. Over the weeks that followed, it dropped to -2 hour then -1 hour. This continued until it's now an hour over and one of the heaviest dispatches in the center. Perfect brainwashing route now. It's easily the least popular rt now. But of course UPS never adjusts the very fair time allowances they come up with. Why would they when they have drivers wondering why the hell we should ever vote it out?

Overpaid Union Thug

LOL? How old are you 13? You really think running every stop will save an hour? Too many know it alls on here.
Nope. I guess it's a good thing I didn't say that either. But I am tired of reattempting all of the apt deliveries that you bonus babies didn't have time to take to the apt office the day before. And your driver follow ups are getting old too.

Overpaid Union Thug

So you work for free? What's wrong with being happy? Clearly you're a miserable, jealous sob. Bet you complain daily, I feel sorry for your "partner".

I suspected that you wouldn't understand the meaning of cash bribe. And management certainly hopes you don't pick up on it either. And trust me....there is nothing to be jealous of. One of these days your bonus will disappear. You can count on it. And when it does you'll be whining like a 12 year old boy that just lost his allowance and will probably still be wondering what the hell you did wrong.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Pretty much all the bonus guys in my building are in there early sorting and loading their trucks. When you factor in all the time that they are actually working most of them aren't really making much bonus at all, some of them are actually shorting themselves.

babboo25

Banned
I suspected that you wouldn't understand the meaning of cash bribe. And management certainly hopes you don't pick up on it either. And trust me....there is nothing to be jealous of. One of these days your bonus will disappear. You can count on it. And when it does you'll be whining like a 12 year old boy that just lost his allowance and will probably still be wondering what the hell you did wrong.
I'm laughing at you.

babboo25

Banned
Pretty much all the bonus guys in my building are in there early sorting and loading their trucks. When you factor in all the time that they are actually working most of them aren't really making much bonus at all, some of them are actually shorting themselves.
I'm assuming you don't have Orion? Impossible to sort truck with Orion, we can't get edd until start time.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm assuming you don't have Orion? Impossible to sort truck with Orion, we can't get edd until start time.
We've had Orion for a couple years now, hasn't changed anyone's behavior as far as coming in early. I'll be bringing a couple preloads back to the building and I see these guys coming through the gate between 0530 and 0600 when their start time is 0830. It's insane.