Voting bonus out!

anHOURover

You only proved that your a sell out that is a drain on my society. Be a man and try top rate for once in your life. Stop just getting by. I didn't hear your local offering to run your health services. Before you go blaming anyone, make sure your own yard is clean.
[emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99] that's all you got waterboy?
I been top rate and it's over rated. Longevity.... Do you even know that that means rookie?

Overpaid Union Thug

Nowadays bonus is primarily for drivers that are so selfish that they don't even consider that their actions (running and skipping lunch to name a few) will, DO, affect others in the long run. And they are always the first to whine about UPS "stealing time" from them once it happens and just can't fathom that UPS would want them to do more work in the same amount of time.

Vote it out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nowadays bonus is primarily for drivers that are so selfish that they don't even consider that their actions (running and skipping lunch to name a few) will, DO, affect others in the long run. And they are always the first to whine about UPS "stealing time" from them once it happens and just can't fathom that UPS would want them to do more work in the same amount of time.

Vote it out.
Are you sure it isn't "Overpaid Union Slug"?

Tough Guy

There are bonus center and non bonus center in my hub. From my perspective it seems as though the days are dispatched equally as tough. Everybody still goes out blown out everyday, bonus center or not.

For those who would vote it out, I'd consider the fact that they can doctor their numbers at any given time. If I'm going out blown out either way than what's the difference. At least with bonus you can get that little cherry on top. (However unlikely for most routes)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There are bonus center and non bonus center in my hub. From my perspective it seems as though the days are dispatched equally as tough. Everybody still goes out blown out everyday, bonus center or not.

For those who would vote it out, I'd consider the fact that they can doctor their numbers at any given time. If I'm going out blown out either way than what's the difference. At least with bonus you can get that little cherry on top. (However unlikely for most routes)

Yeah but you are making the slugs (excuse me, less advantaged) look bad.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Coming from management.....sounds like you've had a similar experience with your spouse
If he was taking care of her then he was my best friend!

But seriously folks, a management person can get off early at least one night a week. I got to see my daughter play ball, sing in choir, play tennis, etc.
I'm pretty sure my wife waited for me to get home ... although there was this woman friend named Butch.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
And their families are glad to see them at dinner and your family is ... having dinner with your wife's latest "friend".

Better yet, bid the route your house is on, have a nice leisurely lunch with your family, and collect your well earned OT.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I don't understand the point of getting rid of it altogether. I like being able to get on the few bonus routes we have and making some extra money to work a little harder. That's my perspective as a utility driver.

The fact that you do understand that there are only a "few bonus routes" in your center is a clue to answer your question. It's used as a brainwashing tool, and quite effectively. Some routes can bonus with some extra effort, others cannot. If they convince you, as a cover driver, that you are superhuman rarely enough in your career. You will take it forward and attempt this magic even on the schiddy routes. Some folks never figure this out. This is how mgmt picks their golf partners.

undies

The fact that you do understand that there are only a "few bonus routes" in your center is a clue to answer your question. It's used as a brainwashing tool, and quite effectively. Some routes can bonus with some extra effort, others cannot. If they convince you, as a cover driver, that you are superhuman rarely enough in your career. You will take it forward and attempt this magic even on the schiddy routes. Some folks never figure this out. This is how mgmt picks their golf partners.
Maybe for some folks who are wet behind the ears. After 9 years of driving and over 60 routes under my belt, I know when to pump the gas and when to go on cruise control.

SHAIV

Haha. We used to have more bonus routes. Now they are harping on orion and miles because the only routes we have that can bonus are routes with 100+ miles. Orion took a route I used to run (after the driver got fired) for about a year I was still new but I would bonus everyday and be off at 5 with 120 miles and about 120 stops. Cut it down to 60-70 miles and then said oh well now it needs more stops so it can plan out. Got up to 170 stops and I started getting off at 8-9. They also took away the fastest truck in the center and gave it a stick shift 113 truck because they don't like the new driver that bid on it. Orion cut the miles by going through the city to get on area. It actually takes longer to get there now and to get back because of traffic and red lights. They don't understand how fewer miles takes longer. Lol

babboo25

Banned

Vote it out.
I get 5 hours of bonus a week, paid at time and half, don't run or skip lunch. In fact the more lunch you take the more bonus you get. Have to follow methods and running isn't one of them. Work my ass off, don't talk to customers longer than a minute if I can avoid it without being rude.

oldngray

nowhere special
Bonus babies like to brag they make bonus because of how hard or efficiently they work. Really it is all about route allowances and some routes you can easily make bonus with little effort while others you will always be over allow no matter how hard you work. If a center has too many drivers making big bonus money they will tighten the allowances. They might leave a couple alone as a teaser and to create dissension. I worked in both bonus and non bonus centers and the allowances were definitely tighter in a bonus center. Also, in the bonus center it was an atmosphere of every man for himself instead of drivers working together to get the job done.