Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
your t-shirt says "zero concessions" but then it's crossed out, meaning it's a double negative and therefore you want concessions

That's not my shirt, I went to a retirement party today and my shop steward was wearing that. I did already vote no on this sellout piece of garbage, so did my buddy that just retired.

vote yes!!!!

If we take out 22.4 altogether, who is delivering on Saturday then? Not wanting to cause Confrontation, what is the solution?
They will deliver the Saturdays. The irregulars and the air. And as @2033 said. Be a separate classification
If we take out 22.4 altogether, who is delivering on Saturday then? Not wanting to cause Confrontation, what is the solution?
They will deliver the Saturdays. The irregulars and the air. And as @2033 said. Be a separate classification

So will this stop routes from being cut on Mondays?

Ups stated they will deliver on Saturday and Sundays to keep up with Amazon and USPS, so it seems the Monday deal is going to happen regardless.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ups stated they will deliver on Saturday and Sundays to keep up with Amazon and USPS, so it seems the Monday deal is going to happen regardless.
I’m sure if work isn’t held back I will have at least 8 hours of work to go and deliver my route and do my pickups on Monday. Once again I say , as long as volume isn’t being held back , which they are doing daily.

vote yes!!!!

I’m sure if work isn’t held back I will have at least 8 hours of work to go and deliver my route and do my pickups on Monday. Once again I say , as long as volume isn’t being held back , which they are doing daily.

Oh I agree, they have been holding back volume for the last month pretending we are losing business

vote yes!!!!

Oh I agree, they have been holding back volume for the last month pretending we are losing business

How many routes does your center dispatch daily?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

New ground drivers. Sorry, this has all been gone over before, but you seem to be the first vote yes person actually interested in another view. Denis T asserted that 22.4 was created in response to the complaints from drivers about working weekends. No one seems to have or be willing to share information about how many people actually complained, and what they were actually complaining about.

The people on this forum who complained about weekends were complaining about how poorly operations were managed, the fact that they bid a m-friend schedule but were forced onto t-s after the last contract was ratified, and that Monday routes were being slashed as a result of Saturday operations. No one said they wanted to work weekends for $6 an hour less, but that was the solution the union came up with.

The counterargument to that is that no one is forcing anyone to bid on 22.4, which is valid. But I guarantee some people will feel they don't have a choice but to bid 22.4 if they eventually want to go ground driver. 22.4s can be hired from outside the union, even if ground drivers wouldn't be. What is unclear is whether a 22.4 off the street hire would have first crack at ground driving over part timers with more building seniority. Some supplementals might be clear that would not happen, others not so clear. If you were a part timer looking to go full time driver, would you rather do it on the weekends as a full ground driver, or as a 22.4? I think the answer to that is clear.

“If work is available “. They can hold back as much volume as they damn well please. And cut as many routes as they damn well please. Send you home and tell you , so sorry ,” no work available “ today sucker.
If you are in a weak local you won’t get paid. If you are in a string one you will be paid 40 hours that week