WAGN

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Ground left the truck running when i was at the move theater. Took a lot of restraint to not hop in and drive around the block

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son and I were up in Placid today and the Ground guy left his rear door open while making numerous deliveries.

We also saw our guy and he was slammed!

fedex_rtd

Ground driver left his truck running on my street a couple of years ago...I helped myself to his keys and left them in a street drain.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Idling Ground trucks are common around here and open bulkhead doors are a given. The security guy usually has a field day.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
We leave the trucks running because if we shut them off they might not start again. Remember these are mostly retired express trucks with 500,000 miles on them and all kinds of issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Idling Ground trucks are common around here and open bulkhead doors are a given. The security guy usually has a field day.

What about open rear doors? My son and I were in Placid yesterday and watched the Ground guy makes multiple deliveries while leaving the read door wide open. The sidewalks were very crowded and it would have been very easy to pick what you wanted from the load.

It will be fine

What about open rear doors? My son and I were in Placid yesterday and watched the Ground guy makes multiple deliveries while leaving the read door wide open. The sidewalks were very crowded and it would have been very easy to pick what you wanted from the load.
That's called climate control. Keeps the cargo area cool. It really cools down when you drive down the road with the bulkhead and back door open.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We leave the trucks running because if we shut them off they might not start again. Remember these are mostly retired express trucks with 500,000 miles on them and all kinds of issues.

I still see Ground trucks with the RPS logos showing through. Vent doors taped shut, bumper hanging at an angle, and all the other indicators of a vehicle that is beyond it's service life.

If it's running and you're blocking me out, your truck will either be around the back, or your keys tossed underneath dead center. Usually, it's nosed in to the dock or taking 2 spots. I feel zero guilt.

bbsam

Staff member
I still see Ground trucks with the RPS logos showing through. Vent doors taped shut, bumper hanging at an angle, and all the other indicators of a vehicle that is beyond it's service life.

If it's running and you're blocking me out, your truck will either be around the back, or your keys tossed underneath dead center. Usually, it's nosed in to the dock or taking 2 spots. I feel zero guilt.
That's because you are a sociopath.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's because you are a sociopath.

Yes, but only towards Ground drivers. It's so annoying to deal with their antics on a regular basis. If it was every once in awhile...no big deal. But when you come to a busy dock, and the Ground clown cuts the line, takes too much space, or, worse, angles into the dock, they deserve what they get.

I watched the HD driver zip through my neighborhood last Saturday doing 45 in a 20 mph zone, nosing-in to every delivery, and the truck is idling the whole time. Plus, lots of kids on bikes and playing. I yelled at him, but I don't think he understands English.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, but only towards Ground drivers. It's so annoying to deal with their antics on a regular basis. If it was every once in awhile...no big deal. But when you come to a busy dock, and the Ground clown cuts the line, takes too much space, or, worse, angles into the dock, they deserve what they get.

I watched the HD driver zip through my neighborhood last Saturday doing 45 in a 20 mph zone, nosing-in to every delivery, and the truck is idling the whole time. Plus, lots of kids on bikes and playing. I yelled at him, but I don't think he understands English.
You could simply ignore them. I know, a novel idea.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Bbsam is good at condoning stupid and unsafe on road practices just because they're "his boys." If he saw Express doing that crap, he'd turn it into scandal of the year.

bbsam

Staff member
Unsafe. I don't want him killing someone.
Not your battle. Besides it would be bad for Fedex. That is what you want, isn't it? Fedex and Ground to fail? Ignore the Ground d drivers and let them fail. Or...is it that you have become convinced over the years that they might actually succeed? Contrary to all your preaching and prophesying doom, Ground thrives and the career courier fades to has been with their future and fate sealed. That's really gotta suck for you.;)