Wal-Mart Saturday Delivery

!Retired!

There's 6 Walmarts (including neighborhood stores) in our area. Receiving is closed on Saturdays at all of them. It's hit or miss if someone up front will sign.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wal-Mart always feels like they have to cop some kind of attitude but watch how that all changes when a Wal-Mart truck driver pulls up. The receiving clerks will go out their way to kiss his ass.

One location on my former route, tried to tell me they could no longer sign for anybody else's stuff until they were done unloading a Wal-Mart trailer. I laughed and said "so in other words, refused."

Our senior called them the next day and that idiotic idea amazingly all went way.

Wal-Mart corporate is as bad as FedEx with too many big shots sitting around thinking up halved baked ideas to make an hourly's job that much more complicated.

Wal-Mart always feels like they have to cop some kind of attitude but watch how that all changes when a Wal-Mart truck driver pulls up. The receiving clerks will go out their way to kiss his ass.

One location on my former route, tried to tell me they could no longer sign for anybody else's stuff until they were done unloading a Wal-Mart trailer. I laughed and said "so in other words, refused."

Our senior called them the next day and that idiotic idea amazingly all went way.

Wal-Mart corporate is as bad as FedEx with too many big shots sitting around thinking up halved baked ideas to make an hourly's job that much more complicated.
Welcome back

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
New rules that were supposed to start today, normal receiving area for site to store ground deliveries on saturday.

Yup, confirmed by management this Saturday... no more DEX 011s for that

Thank goodness I'm on a rural route now & don't have to deal with that.

How about delivering to the Amazon warehouse? Is it as bad as Walmart? I never had one in my area. Do they require you to walk all over hell and breakfast to different departments?

Amazon fulfillment centers suck depending on what time of day u get there. Good thing is they're amongst a 24 hour operation. U stay in line with other truckers... get to the security gate, tell them the amount of packages you have to unload, they'll go on their walkie talkie and relay the incoming truck to the dock number that you drive to... may or may not slap a magnetic GPS tracker on your door since all corners of the warehouse has cameras everywhere.

I used to deliver there as a utility driver with other residential/ commercial bulk stops nearby 3 years ago, so it's probably changed a bit

Star B

White Lightening
...may or may not slap a magnetic GPS tracker on your door since all corners of the warehouse has cameras everywhere.

Holy hell, not even our local Very Large Factory with Secrets is that paranoid. Hey, why are black helicopters circling my house?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Walmart Distribution Center here requires an appointment to deliver. Used to require a PO for every package. At least that stopped.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Walmart Distribution Center here requires an appointment to deliver. Used to require a PO for every package. At least that stopped.

Hmmm, good to know, but we're talking about the local retail stores heading to the Wal-Mart receiving doors.

It was a major PiTa on Saturdays, but since I was home delivery, I only had a handful, I loaded them to a shopping cart or two & went straight to the front customer service desk for a signature. This was when they first started the 'Site to Store' program

CJinx

Wal-mart corporate was supposed to communicate with the individual stores and have them staff receiving on Saturday. Seems a lot of the stores either didn't get the memo or ignored it. Not much we can do about it except make the attempt and let Wal-mart's headmasters know why 60% of their Saturday freight came back to the station.

It will be fine

Wal-mart corporate was supposed to communicate with the individual stores and have them staff receiving on Saturday. Seems a lot of the stores either didn't get the memo or ignored it. Not much we can do about it except make the attempt and let Wal-mart's headmasters know why 60% of their Saturday freight came back to the station.
That'll change quickly, especially if the freight doesn't go back out until Tuesday. Walmart will be telling customers their stuff will be ready for pick up at the store on Saturday and it won't show until Tuesday. Not a good look for them.

dezguy

That'll change quickly, especially if the freight doesn't go back out until Tuesday. Walmart will be telling customers their stuff will be ready for pick up at the store on Saturday and it won't show until Tuesday. Not a good look for them.
Except they'll just turn around and blame FedEx, same as Amazon did to FedEx and UPS a few years ago when tons of people didn't get their Christmas gifts by Christmas.

It will be fine

Except they'll just turn around and blame FedEx, same as Amazon did to FedEx and UPS a few years ago when tons of people didn't get their Christmas gifts by Christmas.
That's for PR. Walmart does the ship to store for free shipping to get bodies in their stores. They want happy customers walking the aisles buying junk, not angry people that had to wait 3 days.