Wal-Mart Saturday Delivery

bbsam

Staff member
Anger a few to appease the many.
Think about it. Is Walmart corporate going to let 40% of their stores jack them around? They really aren't doing anything to Fedex. I imagine in a couple weeks every receiving dock will be thrown open quickly by a receiver who can't wait to get the "site to store" crap processed so they can get the hell out.

dezguy

Think about it. Is Walmart corporate going to let 40% of their stores jack them around? They really aren't doing anything to Fedex. I imagine in a couple weeks every receiving dock will be thrown open quickly by a receiver who can't wait to get the "site to store" crap processed so they can get the hell out.
Exactly and in the meantime, blame FedEx for the initial screw ups, letting Walmart off the hook.

dezguy

...trying to imagine the scenario if every customer required an appt for us to deliver their crap. How quaint. :D
Oh, its coming. A recent update to our ppads up here added a delivery window option. Not sure if you guys have that but I wouldn't put it past hq to start offering 2 hour del windows for those who don't want us leaving a pkg on their porch. For an extra charge, of course.

floridays

Wal-mart corporate was supposed to communicate with the individual stores and have them staff receiving on Saturday. Seems a lot of the stores either didn't get the memo or ignored it. Not much we can do about it except make the attempt and let Wal-mart's headmasters know why 60% of their Saturday freight came back to the station.
Aren't you a desk jockey? Call Walmart early on saturday, inform them deliveries are due that day, tell them they will be delivered to customer service, or receiving, their choice. If they aren't available they can come pick it up with no further delivery attempts. Simple

It will be fine

Oh, its coming. A recent update to our ppads up here added a delivery window option. Not sure if you guys have that but I wouldn't put it past hq to start offering 2 hour del windows for those who don't want us leaving a pkg on their porch. For an extra charge, of course.
It's been an option for years for HD. No one uses it, it's $15 per shipment plus $5.50 per package.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It's been an option for years for HD. No one uses it, it's $15 per shipment plus $5.50 per package.

We'll then, I have "rednecks with paychecks" on my route.

had 2 appointment deliveries the past Saturday & a handful of evening deliveries during the week.

It made preloading my cargo for those days interesting so I can get to the boxes by the time commits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We recently started offering this service and it is a huge PITA.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Jayzuss!!! :ohmy:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I had one last week that we almost missed because the preload just set it outside the truck and didn't say anything to anyone. 8am to 10am commit time, driver wasn't due in 'til 10.
And yet you think you could take on all of Express volume and time commits by hiring a few more drivers. The intricacies are more complicated than you realize.

bbsam

Staff member
And yet you think you could take on all of Express volume and time commits by hiring a few more drivers. The intricacies are more complicated than you realize.
You goof. The point is that the station didn't let me know it was there. We had other drivers leaving early that could have driven right past it. If they don't let me know about a commit time, how do you (or they) expect me to make it?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You goof. The point is that the station didn't let me know it was there. We had other drivers leaving early that could have driven right past it. If they don't let me know about a commit time, how do you (or they) expect me to make it?
The point is, FedEx doesn't care WHOSE fault it is, it is now YOUR responsibility to make service. Welcome to a refreshing taste of ':censored2: flows downhill" compliments of Fedex.