Wal-Mart Saturday Delivery

bbsam

Staff member
The point is, FedEx doesn't care WHOSE fault it is, it is now YOUR responsibility to make service. Welcome to a refreshing taste of ':censored2: flows downhill" compliments of Fedex.
You're wrong about that. The terminal would eat it and the Managing Director would chew ass all the way down to the part-time preload supervisors.

And then they'd implement some kind of "sign-off" sheet for the contractor to acknowledge the appointment delivery.

Without a paper trail, I'm not taking any heat for that.

CJinx

Aren't you a desk jockey? Call Walmart early on saturday, inform them deliveries are due that day, tell them they will be delivered to customer service, or receiving, their choice. If they aren't available they can come pick it up with no further delivery attempts. Simple
You'd think it was that simple. We did call all of our Wal-marts earlier in the week and were assured that they would have receiving staffed on Saturday to accept the delivery. When that turned out not to be the case, some drivers coded 11 right there and others tried to deliver to the service desk. Anything that did not get delivered on Saturday will be re-attempted Monday (assuming we have access to the freight) or Tuesday. Meanwhile local Wal-mart management can reconcile with corporate management; not our fight, CSPs did their jobs as far as we're concerned.

CJinx

You're wrong about that. The terminal would eat it and the Managing Director would chew ass all the way down to the part-time preload supervisors.

And then they'd implement some kind of "sign-off" sheet for the contractor to acknowledge the appointment delivery.

Without a paper trail, I'm not taking any heat for that.
Appointments, date certain, and evening deliveries (convenient delivery options or CDOs) fell off priority metrics a year or so ago and nobody outside of maybe the DAQS gives a :censored2: about them. At worst, they generate a complaint that revenue services will make disappear by giving the customer their money back.

bbsam

Staff member
Appointments, date certain, and evening deliveries (convenient delivery options or CDOs) fell off priority metrics a year or so ago and nobody outside of maybe the DAQS gives a :censored2: about them. At worst, they generate a complaint that revenue services will make disappear by giving the customer their money back.
That is satisfactory to me.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
That is satisfactory to me.

If u have a Hitler type station manager, who nit pick on every single scratch on YOUR company vehicles with their logos on them, they'll still try to charge your company with the service failure...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wal-Mart always feels like they have to cop some kind of attitude but watch how that all changes when a Wal-Mart truck driver pulls up. The receiving clerks will go out their way to kiss his ass.

WM corporate policy is (or was) that all WM trucks take precedent over any other deliveries. If they are shorthanded or there's a pressing need to get the WM truck unloaded ASAP, everyone else will have to wait.

bbsam

Staff member
If u have a Hitler type station manager, who nit pick on every single scratch on YOUR company vehicles with their logos on them, they'll still try to charge your company with the service failure...
There is nothing to charge me. I don't get paid any more for an appointment delivery.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There is a similar service at Express. When it was launched, couriers had conniptions about how it was going to wreck their routes. It's rarely used.
But when it is, it's a train wreck. I know of several couriers who have sat in front of a house for up to 2 hours with the recipient at home, to deliver an APD. Diminished returns, vanishing point.

SmithBarney

Been in Multiple locations. On SAT everything goes up front, most will give a hard time, tell them to radio a manager.
If you only get stuff for the photolab(from fujifilm) I just go straight to the lab, generally there is a technician waiting on it.

floridays

You'd think it was that simple. We did call all of our Wal-marts earlier in the week and were assured that they would have receiving staffed on Saturday to accept the delivery. When that turned out not to be the case, some drivers coded 11 right there and others tried to deliver to the service desk. Anything that did not get delivered on Saturday will be re-attempted Monday (assuming we have access to the freight) or Tuesday. Meanwhile local Wal-mart management can reconcile with corporate management; not our fight, CSPs did their jobs as far as we're concerned.
After the call, If they aren't available they can come pick it up with no further delivery attempts. Simple, how tuff is that?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
WM corporate policy is (or was) that all WM trucks take precedent over any other deliveries. If they are shorthanded or there's a pressing need to get the WM truck unloaded ASAP, everyone else will have to wait.
Well Wal-Mart has lots of stupid corporate policies, what's one more?

I brought the packages in to the receiving area. All they had to do is take 2 seconds out of their day and just sign for the crap they ordered.

How hard is that?

floridays

Well Wal-Mart has lots of stupid corporate policies, what's one more?

I brought the packages in to the receiving area. All they had to do is take 2 seconds out of their day and just sign for the crap they ordered.

How hard is that?
All you're axing for is an X, correct? Wink.. to hard to find the silly yellow faces.