Wally's list of things that make Package Car drivers heads want to explode!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Coming into work on a Friday and getting thrown on a rural route you've never done before. Thats not the thing that bothers me, it's when I drive 450+ miles and I get a message from the center every 10 minutes asking me when I'll be done and having to tell them I dont know because I've never done the route.

This happened last Friday and once 7:00 hit I got a message seriously every 10 minutes either asking when I'll be done or to remind me of DOT hours. I punched out at 9:53, 7 minutes shy of a 14 hour day

Keenj

I had a new preloader today and she smelled like hot garbage water and the back of my car reeked until I opened the back to ventilate while I sorted my resis.

Plus side, not much sorting to do since she pretty much had everything in order for me unlike the last dude who just threw stuff anywhere he wanted, even on the wrong shelf.

I guess I can deal with a little stank as long as I'm not in the back for most of my break digging and resorting and messaging in misloads.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a new preloader today and she smelled like hot garbage water and the back of my car reeked until I opened the back to ventilate while I sorted my resis.

Plus side, not much sorting to do since she pretty much had everything in order for me unlike the last dude who just threw stuff anywhere he wanted, even on the wrong shelf.

I guess I can deal with a little stank as long as I'm not in the back for most of my break digging and resorting and messaging in misloads.

This is a tough one as I assume that you are a guy and your new preloader is a girl. I would find one of her female co-workers who you know and ask her to relay your concerns to her. She may not even realize that her body odor is that strong.

BrownThunder

sitting on a route for a week, and when the bid driver comes back from vacation being thrown back in the whirlwind of garbage runs.

you guys with routes got it made.

BrownThunder

I guess it could get boring after a while.

New One!

When youre on a bulk run and the pickup customer says you cant have the pallet because they need them and when you look around there are a zillion pallets stacked to the stratosphere

MC0493

When you're heading back to the building and you get a diad message to go get a pickup. Drive 15 minutes out of the way, get there only to be told the normal driver did the pickup 15 minutes prior...

Savvy412

When you're heading back to the building and you get a diad message to go get a pickup. Drive 15 minutes out of the way, get there only to be told the normal driver did the pickup 15 minutes prior...
I hate that. Not even if im driving back to the building.

MC0493

Guess i'm still too new, i got a message and checked what it was. I would have been even more pissed if i got all the way back to the building and had to go back to this place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Guess i'm still too new, i got a message and checked what it was. I would have been even more :censored2: if i got all the way back to the building and had to go back to this place.

If you get the green light of death on your way back to the building ignore it until you are parked in your lane. Odds are they will find someone else to cover the pickup.

tapatio75

Did you even read my post? I said the pal is covering the bar code and tracking number. How am I supposed to enter the last four when there's a pal covering it? Press details and then last 4. Still annoying
It takes you longer to complain and try to remove the pal to scan it than it takes you to read the last 4 numbers

Geo926

Having the receiving clerk count the packages not once, not twice, but three times. No that's ok toolbox take your time, I got all day.