Walmart- less Black Friday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you looking to adopt, please consider me.

No but I am looking for a roommate.:wink2:

Brownslave made a good point---writing a check is not shopping. I tried shopping one year---my daughter, with whom I have an open and honest relationship, told me I "sucked at it".

They will be here this weekend. (I was going to say "home" but their home is in Selkirk with their dog and 3 cats) I will pull my son-in-law aside and ask if there is anything that Megan wants. I will do the same with her for him. I know for a fact that my son wants cash.

We are going to have our Thanksgiving "dinner" Saturday afternoon. My daughter, son, son-in-law, ex-wife and ex-MIL will all be there. Spiral sliced honey smoked ham, green bean casserole, corn, biscuits, stuffing, apple and pumpkin pies.

over9five

Staff member
Brownslave made a good point---writing a check is not shopping. I tried shopping one year---my daughter, with whom I have an open and honest relationship, told me I "sucked at it".
<sigh> Me too. And not only do I suck at it, I absolutely hate, HATE, H A T E shopping. Too many people, too much noise....yuck.

I'd rather write the check.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im trying to do it as a suprise. Do I have to get the background check and all that to have it shipped? Not that I couldnt pass:devil3:but I cant get to anywhere to buy one without him asking where Iam going. When Im not at work, Im with him. The one he wants looks like the one on open range, the movie, in the gunfight at the end. aj sent me a link to cabelas where they are on sale.......

over9five

Staff member
Im trying to do it as a suprise. Do I have to get the background check and all that to have it shipped? Not that I couldnt pass:devil3:but I cant get to anywhere to buy one without him asking where Iam going. When Im not at work, Im with him. The one he wants looks like the one on open range, the movie, in the gunfight at the end. aj sent me a link to cabelas where they are on sale.......
Shouldn't need a background check on a long gun.

over9five

Staff member
Re: What are you thankful for.................

I think it's a Winchester 1873 short barrel like this one:

450px-Winchester1873short.jpg

What are you thankful for.................   Page 3.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
HMM hes convinced it was a henry..........its it a 30 ot 6, or aww crap, see how illiterate I am.. About guns...I think I should give him a henry or cabelas gift card, so he can get the right one, or have one of his friends find out which one it is.....he wants. Not the thrill I wanted under the tree though. He says winchester didnt make one with a brass plate, ive been non chalantly questioning him about this......and he keeps yakking giving me gun 101 and has no clue why......
He says, back then they wanted their long guns interchangeable with their sidearms, so most were 45s. ??????
Aw what the heck its a day off. He gets to talk to his family on the phone, Im on the net,

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am looking for a henry rifle for my husband any direction is appreciated.

My sugestion would be to do a Google search for local FFL's (Federal Firearms Licensees) in your area. FFL's can order, ship, and receive guns thru the mail or UPS and do the necessary background checks on you the customer. They will also be able to answer any questions you may have about what sort of rifle you will want to buy.

Henry makes a "Golden Boy" lever action rifle in .22 that is basically a smaller and lighter version of what you see in the movies. It uses .22LR ammo which is cheap, quiet, available anywhere, fun to shoot and has minimal recoil. The full-sized guns are normally chambered in .45 Long Colt (which was also widely used in handguns of that era) .44 Magnum, or .30-30 Winchester. These calibers are far more expensive to shoot and require hearing protection. The "30-06" cartridge you mentioned was not invented until 1906 and it was only used in military bolt action rifles, not Henrys.

Henrys are high-quality, made in USA guns. I hope to own one someday.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Re: What are you thankful for.................

I think it's a Winchester 1873 short barrel like this one:

450px-Winchester1873short.jpg
Ovah you are so right winner winner turkey dinner.
On guns 102......It was at clip 9 minutes on, the barn owner with a henry........not costner. I guess I didnt listen closely enough.