Wanting to show up at elections this year.

nWo

"She worked 41 hours that week, many of them during the overnight, and ended up with just $14.52."

She made 35 cents an hour because Sean O Brien didn't give a rats ass about her. Sean's primary concern is padding his own wallet.

542thruNthru

Thanks for all the knowledge!! My local is in Texas. I watched a lil bit of convention, but I heard about 2,/3's rule!! Got a shirt ✅ From what I've read O'Brian is only candidate that was against 22.4 from beginning. But still doing my research on all candidates..View attachment 344690
Wear it often inside the building and keep encouraging members to vote. It's a nice looking shirt... But not as nice as my parking spot! ;)
648087874.jpg

Happy to see you're getting involved. Keep at it!

542thruNthru

Your parking lot is so clean ours in covered in trash.
It was a joke. It's not my parking lot. ;)

For one UPS would not allow me to put up a EZ-up in their parking lot and also if it was their EZ-up it would be a campaign violation.

You getting involved brother? I've notice you're very passionate and spending more time on this site.

Seriously you sort of remind me of me. Though you're way more vocal on this site than I was in the beginning. I can never say enough about how I learned so much from this site. I became a passionate union member because of the people on here.

Anyways, do your best to keep a open mind brother and like I tell everyone (yes even while campaigning) read everything from both sides and make your decision!

God bless the Teamsters!
International_Brotherhood_of_Teamsters_(emblem).png

meritocracy

The best part of the election is that it's an added reason for non-members in RtW states to join and start paying dues. Pissed off about something? Don't like what's going on? Don't feel like the union is doing much for you? Awesome. We have an election this year. Get involved and let's change :censored2:.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
It was a joke. It's not my parking lot. ;)

For one UPS would not allow me to put up a EZ-up in their parking lot and also if it was their EZ-up it would be a campaign violation.

You getting involved brother? I've notice you're very passionate and spending more time on this site.

Seriously you sort of remind me of me. Though you're way more vocal on this site than I was in the beginning. I can never say enough about how I learned so much from this site. I became a passionate union member because of the people on here.

Anyways, do your best to keep a open mind brother and like I tell everyone (yes even while campaigning) read everything from both sides and make your decision!

God bless the Teamsters!
View attachment 344953
I've been working more doubles a few nights a week trying to save money so I've been on here more.I haven't been getting involved politically(I'll probably start trying to get my co-workers to vote for our local president H errea though when the time comes), I try to encourage my co workers to file grievances and to stand up for themselves and stop being scared.Things are looking up I guess I am getting my insurance in a couple weeks.It has turned into peak season at my hub not due to volume, but because nobody wants to work there. I am taking advantage of it(I imagine they are going to have to bump the pay to get people in the door)Our night sort has like 5 people for a 20+ door pd.
I am starting to hate management and the company, tired of getting ripped off on paychecks,I know the unit managers hate me some of them won't even acknowledge me like I did something wrong when they ripped me off ,because I am the only one that will write them up for anything,know my rights and know how the games played.I'll just keep going one day at a time kicking ass and taking names.

542thruNthru

I've been working more doubles a few nights a week trying to save money so I've been on here more.I haven't been getting involved politically(I'll probably start trying to get my co-workers to vote for our local president H errea though when the time comes), I try to encourage my co workers to file grievances and to stand up for themselves and stop being scared.Things are looking up I guess I am getting my insurance in a couple weeks.It has turned into peak season at my hub not due to volume, but because nobody wants to work there. I am taking advantage of it(I imagine they are going to have to bump the pay to get people in the door)Our night sort has like 5 people for a 20+ door pd.
I am starting to hate management and the company, tired of getting ripped off on paychecks,I know the unit managers hate me some of them won't even acknowledge me like I did something wrong when they ripped me off ,because I am the only one that will write them up for anything,know my rights and know how the games played.I'll just keep going one day at a time kicking ass and taking names.
Keep it up brother. You're a passionate person and I'm sure you'll one day become a steward. Like I said before, try and keep a open mind and you'll be a force to be reckoned with when it comes to management. That will transfer over to your fellow brothers and sisters wether you get involved or not.

logo.png

542thruNthru

What does everyone want in the next contract. Please stay reasonable. Id like better raises and pension increase.
It's still a long ways away but I'll play.

Maintain H/W, Pension and raises

Stronger language in Technology and Discipline

Stronger language on forced 6th days/Holidays

Stronger 22.4 language also maintain no more than 25%

Strong language on PVDs

Higher starting wage for part-timers and higher raises to help get them to a higher wage fast.

Also always stronger 9.5 protection.

I have tons of things that I want in my supplemental contract.

meritocracy

It's still a long ways away but I'll play.

Maintain H/W, Pension and raises

Stronger language in Technology and Discipline

Stronger language on forced 6th days/Holidays

Stronger 22.4 language also maintain no more than 25%

Strong language on PVDs

Higher starting wage for part-timers and higher raises to help get them to a higher wage fast.

Also always stronger 9.5 protection.

I have tons of things that I want in my supplemental contract.
These seem to be the universal issues everyone wants and can agree upon regardless of which slate they are supporting. Personally I am supporting Teamsters United, but I would still be very optimistic if the Teamster Power slate were to win. We're in a good place right now where I feel like no matter who wins the members are going to hold their feet to the fire and make sure they deliver.