Was the company still profitable on Friday?

We had a one day driver walk out in 1994ish? (Over 70's). We were able to stuff the next days volume in there. It wasn't pretty, but as the saying goes "outta sight, outta mind."

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Was he mad,that you was home? :bigsmile2:
3311026.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hope everyone enjoyed the day .
Come next year , check your UPS Calendar for 2015 .
Friday 11-27 is listed as a normal day , not a UPS holiday .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hope everyone enjoyed the day .
Come next year , check your UPS Calendar for 2015 .
Friday 11-27 is listed as a normal day , not a UPS holiday .
Yes but guess what? Election day isn't a UPS holiday either...but my supplement says Election Day and Black Friday are both holidays...which means holiday pay plus double time for hours worked...at least till 2018.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It was probably a good idea to clean up on Friday. A lot of businesses were closed yes but at least all the resies got out instead of backed up for Monday. I don't think Monday should be too bad really. I think it will be kinda heavy with send agains but Tuesday will be pretty heavy but I think wed to Friday were going to get absolutely crushed lol. Just my opinion that's all. :dont_know:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It was probably a good idea to clean up on Friday. A lot of businesses were closed yes but at least all the resies got out instead of backed up for Monday. I don't think Monday should be too bad really. I think it will be kinda heavy with send agains but Tuesday will be pretty heavy but I think wed to Friday were going to get absolutely crushed lol. Just my opinion that's all. :dont_know:
We're running every split route plus 7 brand new peak routes tomorrow, on a Monday. It will be heavy as hell...but thanks to the sort yesterday...preload will be wrapped ontime.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
IMO we'll see more volume than most of us would expect tomorrow. It used to be that cyber monday triggered the volume, but a bunch of businesses were offering black friday deals online. Additionally stuff would usually be "stuck in the pipeline" a couple of extra days due to inside employees not working sorts, however hubs ran sorts on friday so a bunch of stuff got moved that normally would not have.