Was the company still profitable on Friday?

oldngray

nowhere special
Monday will be light. Just like every other Monday. Or so IE will predict so routes can be cut on Monday like usually done.

PT Car Washer

Saturday pick ups were real heavy as we picked up air and ground packages. I also picked up Old Navy, Best Buys and Toys R Us. Filled up the truck.

AKCoverMan

Monday will be light. Just like every other Monday. Or so IE will predict so routes can be cut on Monday like usually done.
I don't know.. Our preload is starting at 0330 which does not signal "light day"'in my center. In past years I think a lot of the "pipeline" was not all operating over the Thanksgiving weekend, this year sounds like they are keeping things moving and/or advancing volume. Wouldn't surprise me we did feeder pickups from big volume customers all weekend.

Here in The Last Frontier most etailers see "Alaska" and always ship 2nd day air. So normally everything people order Friday, Saturday, and Sunday ships Monday and gets here on Wednesday. This week we may see some of it get here for Monday or Tuesday. Where we may have seen routes cuts before I think the focus is going to be more on getting volume out of the system as fast as possible, trying to stay ahead of the curve. Even so I think Wednesday will be the first big test of our center's Peak Plan.

cody27

I don't know.. Our preload is starting at 0330 which does not signal "light day"'in my center. In past years I think a lot of the "pipeline" was not all operating over the Thanksgiving weekend, this year sounds like they are keeping things moving and/or advancing volume. Wouldn't surprise me we did feeder pickups from big volume customers all weekend.

Here in The Last Frontier most etailers see "Alaska" and always ship 2nd day air. So normally everything people order Friday, Saturday, and Sunday ships Monday and gets here on Wednesday. This week we may see some of it get here for Monday or Tuesday. Where we may have seen routes cuts before I think the focus is going to be more on getting volume out of the system as fast as possible, trying to stay ahead of the curve. Even so I think Wednesday will be the first big test of our center's Peak Plan.

Our pre load is 345 with 845 start time. I don't think Monday will be light at all

UPSGUY72

BUG said that the company expected to pay some $130M just in overtime for Friday.

Adjusting your W-4 earlier this week would have lessened the tax hit.

Maybe for the week but at the end of the year it isn't going to make a difference. You still going to get taxed based on what you grossed minus your total deduction. Your either going to owe or get a refund. It would be hitting the lottery to break even.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
No way. You must drink the brown kool aid. It may make us look worse this year. Especially if we still can't deliver. You know fed ex will do the same as last yr. Then the world expects us to save x Mas. If we couldn't last yr. No way can we do 11-18% more this yr. We don't have enough hrs (60). Drivers are managements scape goat.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Who is this dummy going through the thread and clicking derail on every post?

2ed8b2f08fe9e9a62084ac2b05087caa3a5693ae38b96547ca137d10cc8b1c7f.jpg

joesmith

Was the company still profitable on Friday?

Yes probably if not no big deal, according to the annual report in 2013 they made nearly 12 million dollars a day in profit everyday on average...I think the union should be able to negotiate us a better raise or profit sharing, if they can afford to pay basically $100 an hour on black Friday they can pay $40 an hour every other day.