Wasn't going to post this

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I sent the guy an email since I don't have FB and he disabled all comments/thumb up/down on youtube. Basically told him if he wanted to blame someone for his dog's injury, just look in the mirror. I also quoted him a list that JR's were number 3 on the aggressive/prone to bite list of small dogs. I don't figure he will reply to me since he is so busy deleting negative comments. All he wants to hear is people on his side anyway.

The bottom line is 'CONTROL YOUR ANIMAL' & incidents like this will never happen.
I love dogs. I rescue them and foster them. I would never hurt a dog if I didn't have to but sometimes they come at you and it can't be helped. If people were more educated on us coming onto their property because by them ordering something in essence they are it would lesson the liability and protect our safty.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I watched this video several times and the body language I see from the way the dog is running towards the driver it isnt a "pet me" or "greeting" type of approach. That dog is running full speed and making a bee line straight for the driver with,IMO bad intentions.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have many stops where the dogs love to jump in the truck to get a treat. This took years and a lot of patience (as well as cookies) to achieve. Other stops have dogs where I will not get out of the truck if they are out. I do not trust any dog especially when it is in protect mode.

This owner disgusts me. It seems to me he went to his lawyer wanting to sue someone. The driver didn't have deep enough pockets so he tried UPS with deep pockets. His lawyer probably laughed in his face so this turd decided to take the You Tube / social media route.

I must salute the driver's center team for have his back. It would have been easier to throw him under the bus but they had the courage that used to be the hallmark of UPS to stand up for one their own.

Just remember as the summer months are upon us, dogs are like us in that when they get hot they get cranky and are more likely to be in a foul mood.

BrownTexas

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1403484143.160242.jpg
another dog harassing a Upser.

Omega man

:censored2: home owner is at fault for letting the dog out. Should have hit the homeowner instead. Driver did not have to swing at the dog though. I used to keep the DIAD between me and the dog and shove it at him so he bites at it instead of me. I never got bit in 31 years.
At least it wasn't the police, they would have likely killed the dog for little or no reason.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have many stops where the dogs love to jump in the truck to get a treat. This took years and a lot of patience (as well as cookies) to achieve. Other stops have dogs where I will not get out of the truck if they are out. I do not trust any dog especially when it is in protect mode.

The dynamic between dog and driver is completely and fundamentally altered once the dog jumps up into the truck.

Outside of the truck is the dogs territory. Inside of the truck is your territory and I have seen some of the most protective and ill-tempered dogs undergo a complete personality change once they jump up into the truck and get a biscuit.

I have been growled at and snarled at and threatened plenty of times in my 26+years of driving, but never once in that time has a dog behaved aggressively towards me after it had jumped up into my truck.

I make it a point whenever possible to take a minute or two to try and "get to know" a new dog with its owner present. First impressions are everything as far as dogs are concerned and the minute or so of time spent will pay for itself in the months and years to come due to the dog being friendly instead of aggressive.

I get a lot of flak from people who think I am wrong for handing out biscuits but the fact of the matter is that I have a system for dealing with the dogs I encounter that keeps me safe, it keeps the dog safe and it keeps the dogs owners happy and protected from liability. Criticize my methods all you want but my 100% success rate at avoiding dog bites in 26 years...as well as the fact that no relief driver has ever been bitten by one of "my" dogs... speaks for itself.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It does take patience and time but you can win over most dogs. Notice I said most. There are some dogs whether it is breed or conditioning that are just mean tempered. I had one dog that was overly protective of his family. The owner and I agreed that if the dog was out I would leave the packages at the end of the driveway. Not only does the driver need to use their head but the dog's owner as well.